XX

idk why but y'all did NOT like that last chapter 😭😭 i literally reunited them what more do you want?😔👿
enjoy~

Kairi's pov.

I woke up in warm arms, remembering that mattia came back. It felt surreal to see him again, even though it was only 3 weeks.

Being away from him made me realized how dependent i had become. I needed to give him the world. because he sure as hell deserves it.

It was awkward that he didn't really remember me, and i had to explain everything we've been through.

I peered up to him, joy filling my entire body as i saw him sleep. I moved away from him, going to make food. I grabbed my phone, keeping it close by in case alvaro called.

My eyes darted around the house as i walked down the stairs, seeing that Alvaro had cleaned up most of it.

Then i saw the guns we had owned all sprawled out on the kitchen counter.

mattia doesn't need to see these, I thought as i shoved them into the nearest bag.

correction.

Mattia definitely cannot see these.

He was still uncomfortable with me and i could feel it. And i get it, he doesn't remember me, or what we had.

unfortunately.

It's such a shame because i really did miss having someone to tease and someone to mess with. Someone to be close with; to feel comfortable with.

and alvaro was 100% right. I did love mattia. he meant the world to me, and that's what i plan on giving him.

(bruh i want love like this)

I started making dominican mangú, just to spice things up.

(IM SORRY IDK WHAT YALL EAT FOR BREAKFAST IN AMERICA SO I JUST CHOSE A TRADITIONAL DOMINICAN BREAKFAST FOOD)

After i finished, i placed to plates on the edge of the counter with the bar stools. Mattia has yet to wake up, and it was almost 11.

I decided to go wake him up, and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed.

"good morning sleepy bitch." I spoke out, laughing at his wide eyes.

"i thought you left."

"nah, come downstairs i've got food for you." I waved him over, and watched him follow me carefully.

"hey kai?"

"yeah?" I whipped my head behind me as we entered the kitchen.

"how'd you get the house?" He stared as we sat down, picking at his food.

"do you really want to know?"

He nodded, moaning at the taste of the food.

"drug money."

His eyes widened, and he choked on his food. "d-drug money?"

"yeah...mattia, i told you. i'm a criminal, and along with that comes with drugs and money." I spoke in a stern voice, setting my fork down.

"oh...was i a criminal?"

"ohh mattia..., don't freak out but yes you were and still technically are."

He stayed silent and continued to eat the food.

"its okay, i cleared your name. so you can't be arrested, and you can't get in federal trouble. anything you do will be put under my name."