Chapter 1

*Lily P.O.V*

I woke up this morning tired and heavy since i stayed up for a late hour last night.

I was turning 21 this weekend, so i stayed up all night surfing the internet searching for what people normally do in their parties when they turn 21.

I found interesting information since i don't have friends to tell me what really happens when you turn 21, other than drinking, of course!

I knew that you can legally drink alcohol but there were other new stuff i didn't know before. Not that i wanted to drink so bad, matter of fact i didn't even care that much about drinking. but what caught my attention that people could get wild in their 21 parties! very wild.

I saw videos and photos and i got more and more excited for my 21 birthday party. I was looking for ideas anyways. Of course if my father let me have a wild one.

A party that involve my father and his friends and my fiancé is not a real party. It's just what they call a "protocol".

How do i know that? i had millions of these.

I stayed in bed for minutes thinking of my party and how it's gonna be a business dinner for my father and my fiancé more than a birthday party.

I sighed! And immediately switched my thinking into another direction.

Huh! my fiancé! What a funny fact. Lucas Brooks was a reality more than a real fiancé. I grow up knowing him as my father's partner.

I saw him in our house everyday since i could remember. So I got used to him anyways and that's why my father said that we should get married. And when i turned 18 i got engaged to him. I didn't objected since i didn't know anyone else, so why not?

Our relationship was more like an old married couple, barely talk or see each other since he's always in my dads office. I don't complain tho. I like it this way.

Formal and boring. At least with him.

I heard knocks on the door and my maid Linda came in. " Good morning Lily " she said approaching me. " Good morning Linda " I replayed with laziness in my voice.

" your father is waiting for you for breakfast ". I put my hands on my face covering my eyes as she opened the curtains letting the sun coming in.

" Can i just have breakfast in bed? ". She giggled " Yeah sure! like your dad is gonna let that happen ".

" Ugh, I'm so tired" I complained. She came close to my bed and leaned closer and said in a playful voice " That's because you stayed up all night little miss".

I jumped fast to sit straight on the bed looking at her walking toward the door. " How did you know that? you sleep early every night. " Okay i trust her but i was a little worried.

She turned around and looked at me with a silly smile on her face, " Don't worry Lily, it's not like i'm gonna tell your father. Now go ahead get ready and get down to have your breakfast ". I groaned and said " Okay, right on the way ".

Do i have to wake up 7 a.m. everyday! I love my father but that's it.

I got out of bed and head to my bathroom. Half sleepy i took off my pj and took a fast shower so i would not be late for my beloved father.

I was putting on my jeans and a white t-shirt while thinking that i wouldn't even be waking up this early if i was in the military! Yeah right, sleepy head.

I got out of my room and got down stairs to the dinning room. I got in when the chef was putting the dishes over the dinning table.

I kissed my dad " Good morning ". He smiled at me putting the newspaper aside and looking at me, " How is the birthday girl? ".

He remembered!

Honestly i wasn't in the mood but hearing him calling me " birthday girl " got me little excited to tell him about my ideas about my birthday party, so i sat and told him " You remembered! you have no idea I - " And that's when Lucas came into the room. Great!

Damn it i was about to talk to my father about my ideas. Ugh!

"Good morning John. Good morning Lily". He came around the table and put a kiss on my cheek. Not a surprise since he does that every now and then. I just nodded my head and kept eating my scrapple egg.

"Good morning, Lucas", My dad put his attention with him. Lucas sat with us to have his breakfast like he always does, most of the days anyways.

It was a normal thing so no big deal.

At this moment i knew they were going to talk business and i won't say a word for the rest of the meal accept for "great" and "awesome" and "that's really interesting", without really knowing the hell is going on.

So i finished my breakfast and left to my bedroom. My father will be busy for the rest of the morning anyways. So i better be searching for more ideas and of course for a great, great birthday gift that i could ask my dad for.

___________________________

Not bad for a first chapter ? 🤔

Tell me your ideas 😁

Thank you for reading ♥️