Chapter 13

* Third person P.O.V *

John Adams was sitting on his warm chair in the balcony, smoking his cigar under the moonlight of some private island. Only the voice of the big waves were heard in the place.

Lucas entered the balcony holding his cellphone with a hand and a cigar with the other. He stood next to John and looked at him. " Have you been able to reach Noah?". Lucas asked.

But John didn't seem to be very interested, he seemed more interested in his cigar. " I talked to him early this morning".

" Well, you might wanna know that his and Lily's phone are switched off since earlier ". That  caught Johns' attention, so he looked at Lucas who just sat on the next chair. " What are you talking about?"

Lucas tone of voice came out cold and sleepy like. " I need the guy to be here as soon as possible for tomorrows job, i called him like ten times, him and Lily, but nothing's there!".

John frowned and seemed to be thinking. He know the flight never happened and they're coming by roads.

" What? They off charge? ". John wondered but more like he was looking for a more sane answer. " Off charge! Who goes off charge these days". Lucas giggled and that made John almost lose his timber over his disrespectful behavior.

" Then what are you suggesting? ". John was now focused on the whole situation. " I don't know. I have things in mind but ..". Lucas stopped and John sensed that he was going to say something bad! " But what?".

" I don't won't to make a big deal out of it but do you really trust that Noah?". Lucas now was looking into John's eyes, directly at them in the malicious way he has.

John put on a straight face sensing Lucas's words " get straight to your point Lucas ". Lucas hummed and moved in his seat, clearing his throat. " All i'm trying to say is that you don't have even a tiny doubt that he might hurt her! ".

John tightened his eyes. " Why would he do that? ". He was very careful with his words since he knows how Lucas could get crazy and obsessed over stuff and that would ruin works for John.

" To get it back at you".

John didn't answer him right away. He smoked and exhaled without even taking his eyes off of Lucas. He put his cigar on the ashtray slowly and than turned to face Lucas, calmly. " I always thought you were smarter than this Lucas, but it turns out you're not".

Lucas didn't say anything and kept looking at John in curiosity, so John kept talking. " Noah is a smart man, he would never do such a thing. Not that he fears me, no. He just know exactly what i can do and who i could hurt". John smiled in a devilish way when he said it. Lucas was more confused now but he asked. " So you know how to tame him, do you know how to tame your daughter? ".

" Lily is young and looking for adventures but she's not stupid. Probably they switched off their phones  to spend a night in a motel or something". John didn't really care.

" She's my fiancée, and your daughter, how could you be that careless! ".

John laughed so hard like he never laughed before. " Are you kidding me? You're fiancée! She's your fiancee now but when you're enjoying yourself with a blond twit bitch in some hotel room, then she's not, right? ".

Lucas turned red and didn't comment.

" You think i didn't know? To be honest i don't give a shit actually as long as you're doing well business. So you better set and relax. They well be here soon ".

Lucas felt relieved but still, he thought of every way possible for John to expose him, not only in his private life but also in his side dark business. That why he felt worry.

" Maybe we should talk about a wedding, since she's 21 ". Lucas tried to shift the conversation.

John turned to him immediately in shock! " You know what, that's not a bad idea. When she arrive we'll talk about it".

Lucas got up to leave. " Well, I don't think she will be here anytime soon that i'm thinking to call the cops but let's see what will happen".

John didn't pother to look at him, he just moved his hand in a careless way. " Forget about the cops, unless you want us to spend the rest of our lives behind bars". Then he lift his gaze up to him. " Noah is wanted. And he knows about us as much as we know about him. So calm down boy".

Lucas felt lost but he decided to leave at the end, Leaving John there with a smirky smile on his face that vanished immediately after Lucas was gone. He now thinks about his henchman Noah, feeling new worries about that smart young man. He was always right about him, he is very smart, way smarter than Lucas and that scared him. But is he smart enough to do something crazy? Like hurting Lily?

——————————————————

Thought i would come back with a better chapter but that'll do ✌🏻😁

Have a good day ♥️