Chapter 8

Noah got out of the car forcibly slamming the door after him. He went around the car to the passenger seat and started to search again. So i did the same.

I got out and started to look down the seats, but it was useless anyway.

Everything was gone!

The phones, his wallet, my purse, our IDs, money even my laptop!

Noah looked up for something in the drawer upon the passenger seat and he sighed relieved.

I didn't know what was it since he closed it so fast and stood there passing his hands through his hair.

He was thinking i guess. I stopped searching and stood there next to him waiting for him to say something.

Guilt was eating me alive anyway. He turned to face me with dark eyes. That freaked me a little.

" What were you thinking? You said you're not leaving the car! " He said trying to hold his timber.

" I wasn't going to. I swear I was half sleepy and i just thought i would get some coffee and-". I had a lump in my throat.

" Couldn't you even lock the car or something! Fuck". He cut me off.

I looked around trying not to look him in the eyes since i was holding my tears. We were literally out of nowhere!

" You didn't say that when i got you coffee, right? ". He looked at me rising his eyebrows in disbelieving.

What was i thinking!

The breeze was little cold so i tightened my coat even more holding myself and looking at the wide spaces ahead of us.

Noah walked along the highway thinking with one hand on his waist and the other on his forehead.

He turned around facing me. " Do you have any money left from your little grocery trip?".

" Just couple of dollars. I'm sorry.". I was truly sorry!

He sighed and covered his eyes. " I know i shouldn't have take this job.".

He started to walk to the driving seat, He pointed to me. " Get in, let's go".

So i got in the car silently.

We sat in silence for a while. Both of us were thinking. The road is still long and we surly can't make it without money or IDs.

Food is not a problem though. But all i was thinking of now was the boat that going to take us to the island. How are we suppose to pay for tickets?

Plus How are we supposed to contact my father?

It was sunset time already and of course we're not going to sleep in the car all night!

Well i was thinking of all that but the main problem was the car, How are we gonna pay for ga-

Uh-oh!

The car started to slow down. My heart sank immediately While Noah was pulling over.

"FUCK! Seriously now?". He got angry finally.

I felt little afraid of him but at that situation? that wouldn't help.

He got off the car looking all along the road looking for cars but well, how lucky we are!

It was dead silence!

I followed him. " What now?". I was scared he was going to snap at me, But weirdly he calmed himself.

" Get whatever you need from the car, We're going to walk.". I was shocked over his answer.

" What?". I raised my eyebrows looking at him. So he answered me briefly "You have any other better idea?". Honestly i didn't.

He walked to the front of the car and leaned on it crossing his arms and putting one leg front of the other.

He fixed his gaze on the road ahead without moving his sight. I assumed he was thinking.

So i went to the trunk and opened it. I opened my suit cases looking for the important things.

I took out a backpack and stuffed an extra outfit in it and my toothbrush and other small stuff i thought i would be needing them. I didn't know what else i would be needing anyway.

I was about to close the trunk but then i saw Noah's small black bag. I looked at him through the car, his back was facing me.

So i grabbed his bag and opened it. There was nothing much there, Two or three outfits and other small stuff. I took an outfit and stuffed it in my backpack with his toothbrush.

I closed the backpack and went to my back seat and took of my coat and throw it there and went back to the trunk. I took out a light sweater and put it on. Then i wore my backpack.

 Then i wore my backpack

" I'm done.". I said loudly. He turned around and then walked few steps ahead me. He looked me up and down. I can tell that he noticed that i changed. " Great, let's move before night.".

I followed him but then he stopped. It seemed like he forgot something so he went back to the car and opened the passenger seat and took a thing from the drawer.

I know now what was it since it was obvious that he stuffed it in the back of his pant covering it with his shirt and jacket.

It was a gun!

___________________________

I got tired writing more to this chapter so see you next one 😜♥️

Have a great day 💕