Chapter 40

My eyes stayed fixed on the newspaper for a while then i picked it up to take a better look. It was an article says 'John Adams finally got what he gave, Death'. He died yesterday's morning, filling his death sentence.

I stood there for a while remembering everything he did. I went through memory lane as if i was finally getting my revenge! But i felt absolutely nothing!

I tried to picture Lily seeing this article. I tried to imagine if she's going through some grieving time or she's just gonna move on like nothing have changed! Who knows what she's going through all alone!

I grabbed the newspaper and headed to the cashier so i could leave. I payed for the grocery and headed home.

I entered the loft calling for Nana. "Natalie!". She answered me. "Coming!". I put the bags on the table and grabbed the newspaper in my hand. My heart was beating so hard. I wanted to show her the article, hoping she would finally get the closure she was looking for, yet i didn't want to hurt her.

She came out of her room. "Hey! Welcome home". She was cheerful but she saw my face then she frowned. "Is everything's okay?". I nodded. "Yeah. Um, Do you have few minutes". She looked at me. "Sure! What's wrong?". I leaned forward and put the newspaper on her thighs, then i sat on my knees front of her. I kept my eyes fixed on her face. She looked at me for a second, confused by what i'm showing her. She looked at the article and took her time reading it. I had to say something when i saw her features changs. She looked sad and in pain. I softened my voice, rubbing her knee softly. "Hey! I thought you should see it. I know it still hurts, but i'm here for you".

She didn't reply. She just closed her eyes and cried in silence. I didn't know what to do really! It broke my heart seeing her like this. "Nana! Baby look at me". I held her hands. She opened her innocent eyes and looked at me.

I smiled trying to comfort her. "Look! We're fine. Finally, we are free and safe. From now on everything is going to be great. I promise you".

It felt strange for me to say these word while she was always the one to say it to comfort me. She was always the one who kept us going on.

I smiled even bigger. "You always got mad of me because i was still working at that bad path right? Well, now i'm going to do whatever you tell me. I can be a chef if you like, or a butler! What do you think?".

She was still crying but she giggled. "A terrible one, maybe". Then we laughed together.

She took her breath and wiped her face with the back of her hand, then she looked down at me and smiled. "I'm not crying because i'm sad. Those are happy tears". She put her hand on my cheek. "I'm so proud of you".

I hugged her because we both deserve it. My lovely baby sister is proud of me! What else i could ask for!

I stood up to take the grocery to the kitchen but she stopped me. "By the way, something came in the mail earlier". She pointed at the coffee table. "I didn't understand it". Then she went to the kitchen.

I went where she pointed to fined an envelope. It was open since Nana looked at it. In the inside there where a piece of paper and a necklace!

I opened my mouth in surprise. It was the wings necklace i gave Lily at her birthday! What!

I remember the day she grabbed it out of her neck and through it on the seat in Ed's truck! Ed's truck! The necklace was still in there when i sent the truck to him!

My heart almost jumped out of it's place! I opened the paper quickly! I read the lines.

" rebellious souls can't spread their wings in the city. Come to the countryside. One rebellious soul is waiting For you! "