Chapter 29

* Lily's P.O.V *

More than two weeks passed, almost a month, and i heard nothing from Noah. I've barely seen my father or Lucas too. I didn't get the chance to speak to my father about the engagement, and the fact that i want to call it off!

I did nothing through the days but taking care of Merrick-Anna and search the internet for none important things. Time was passing slower than a turtle!

I wasn't in the perfect mood for doing anything worth. I was heartbroken over Noah. The way i hurt him hunted me, day and night. I was mean to him and my words were harsh. I spend hours and hours wishing if i could take what i've said back. If i could only see him for one last time.

I wasn't allowed to leave my room based on my father orders! I didn't know what he wanted to prove by such a stupid order! Anyway, Linda let me out when he's not around. It's just that i'm not allowed to leave the house, not even to the backyard! Doesn't matter that much. It was all a big prison.

After that road trip with Noah i hated the house and my room. I hated everything! I was mad at my father for locking me down, protected by bodyguards all these years, making me missing a lot in life! What is the excuse for such a behavior? I will never know i guess.

It was a day just identical to the last. I kept wondering around the house putting my headphones on trying to pretend i wan't here, but in Noah's arms somewhere near the coast. I kept dancing and shaking in rhythm, when i found myself front of my father's office.

I never been in there unless my father is in there. It's locked most of the time. God knows why he keeps it locked! What is he hiding in there! I never cared before actually.

But that day i did care! I was thinking of running away! Not a first time for me to think of such a thing! Keep someone locked down for ages and watch their minds goes wild!

I went back and forth front of the office's door. If i want to run away i need papers, and money, right? What if the things i'm looking for are in there?

I must get into that office!

I kept it low that day and went back to my room. I should think of a way to get in without attracting my father's attention.

It was late and Linda came in to wish me good night. "Lily, do you need anything before i go to bed?". I was half sleepy. "No, thanks. Have a good sleep". I lay back on the bed and she was about to leave but a crazy idea jumped right into my head, so i sat again.

"Linda? Can you help me with something?". I know i can trust her. She turned around to look at me wondering. "Can that wait til the morning?".

"Not really! Come sit, let's talk". I dabbed on the bed next to me so she could come and sit. She did sit. She kept looking at me in a certain way. She knows when i ask for her help it means i'm asking her to break the rules.

I took a deep breath and started to talk so excitingly. "Do you know by any chance why my father keeps his office room downstairs locked?". She frowned trying to think. "No not really, why?".

"I was thinking that if he keeps it locked that means there's something important in there, right?". She nodded. "Probably". So i kept going. "I need the keys".

Linda tightened her eyes, staring at me for a while. "Are you out of your mind!". I kept my face straight and serious. "No, i'm serious. You're the only one who can get me those keys".

Linda looked down to the floor. I know she was thinking about it. She looked back at me. "Are you looking for something specific?".

I shook my head. "I don't know yet. I hope so. Look, if he ever knew i'll say i did it. You'll be out of this". I held her hand. "Please, i need anything to get out of this marriage. To get out of this house. Maybe i will find, i don't know, my birth certificate! I could get a new ID. Please, Linda. I'm desperate".

It was shown on her face that she was sympathizing with me. She dapped my hand. "I will see what can i do, but i'll need time. Okay?".

I hugged her in excitement. "I love you, i love you. I knew i can count on you". She laughed. "Okay, okay. It's time for bed for both of us. Some of us needs to wake up really early".

I jumped back under the covers smiling really big. She walked away. "Have a nice dream, little Louloudi". She went out so i screamed. "You're not Greek Linda". Then i laughed.

I like when she calls me Louloudi the Greek word which means flower. Sometimes i feel like she's the only mother i've ever known. God bless her.

I put my head on the pillow traveling through memories. I remembered the first time i asked my father about my mother. He said that she died giving birth to me. He never mentioned her unless i was asking.

All i knew about her is that her name was Anna as my father said. I do have a very small picture, barely vivid! But it was all i have of her. I don't have obvious feelings about her. How could someone have feelings for someone he never met!

Sometimes i do miss the feeling of having a mother, feeling that i miss her. Someone to belong to. But i grew up fine i guess.

I skipped a long sigh! Thanking god for what i already have. I have a father, a home, my beloved Linda and of course my baby Merrick-Anna, and i think that's enough for now, right?

And hopefully soon i'll have Noah. I can't wait to see him again. I can't wait to kiss him, hug him and smell his amazing scent.

I fell asleep with the ghost of Noah hovering around me. Making me feel peace and warm.

Like nothing in this world could ever hurt me or break my heart.

===========================

New chapter. New details 😉
And few secrets are waiting to be revealed 🙊

I hope you like this chapter ♥️

I love you guys, have a nice day. 😍♥️♥️