Chapter 6

Noah drove the car for almost two hours now, we were almost out of the city.

I was sitting in my seat enjoying the view, passing cars, building and sky. I kept ordering myself to enjoy this trip as much as i could.

Yet some moments i got bored. He was dead silent!

I could use some conversations you know! But yet i was afraid to start one.

I looked at him from time to time and nothing much, he was just focusing on the road.

I thought i could use some music through the journey so i finally had courage.

"Would you turn on the radio?". That's a simple question, why would he refuse, right?

" Why don't you just go through your phone?". What the!

"Because it's non of your business, now turn on the radio!". That's it!

" Did anyone ever teach you manners?". He was enjoying this conversation as i see.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Then i opened my eyes and breathed out trying to control my anger.

" Would you turn on the radio, please?". I was biting my bottom lip holding a curse in.

" Sure ". And them he opened the damn radio!

i kept listening to music for the next hour and trying to sing with it as lower as i could so i wouldn't annoy his fucking majesty!

But anyway enough about him. I promised myself that i won't let him bother me or ruin this experience for me.

But now my tummy was snarling. I was hungry so i managed to ask him to stop for food.

" Would you like us to stop for food or restroom?". Did he hear my tummy! He beat me to it any way.

My cheeks reddened and i responded. "Yes, thank you.".

So he kept driving until the next gas station with a diner next to it.

He went for gas first.

" Would you like anything from the grocery store?". He asked.

" No thanks.". I was curving for real food by this moment so i took a look towards the diner, but i was too embarrassed to say it.

He finished filling the car with gas and then he went and parked the car front of the diner.

Thank god he's acting like a real gentleman right now!

He turned around to look at me in the back seat.

" Go ahead, order food. I'll make a phone call and i'll be right behind you.". Then he turned again leaving the car.

I took my purse and then got out of the car watching him walking away ahead to the highway as he was dialing a number and then he put the phone over his ear.

So i just turned my head and entered the diner. And that when i inhaled the amazing smell into my precious lungs.

Oh sweet lord!

I went to order, so i took a fast look on the wall menu feeling more and more hungry. There were burgers, pizzas, bacon and other side dishes.

My father didn't allow this kind of food in the house. He was the healthy kind of people.

So i felt free to order whatever i want, Who's going to judge me here anyway.

I ordered a cheese burger with bacon and fries and a big pepsi cup. I waited for a while for my order then took my food to the table next to the big window.

I took a look over Noah, he was still on the phone call, so i started eating.

few minutes later he was coming toward my table holding only a cup of coffee!

Isn't he hungry at all!

***

* Noah P.O.V *

I was driving the car in silent for about two hours. I was mind busy but i kept taking fast looks at her through the rear view mirror just to make sure she's not dead or something!

Not forgetting that she was a pain in the ass, but always reminding myself that she's just another mission i should do it right.

I could tell she was bored from the way she was twisting her lips. I wanted to talk to her to kill time but she's annoying and i felt like i was babysitting so i drew back.

But she finally said something about turning on the radio and i thought of joking around. But that was a mistake since she took it the wrong way.

So i turned on the radio.

We listened to fucking love songs for the next hour! My ears were about to bleed!

In between songs i could tell that she was hungry.

"Would you like us to stop for food or restroom?". I asked her since i needed some coffee myself.

She responded. "Yes, thank you.".

She was gaining some manners by time! Not that i cared that much.

So i kept driving until the next gas station with a diner next to it.

I went for gas first.

Then i parked the car front of the diner.

I turned towards her.

" Go ahead, order food. I'll make a phone call and i'll be right behind you.". I turned again leaving the car before she could even say anything.

I walked far enough so she wouldn't hear me while i was searching for a certain number.

I turned to take a look at her to make sure she is inside and safe and she was, so i locked the car.

Then i got an answer.

" Hello?". I questioned.

But i knew he was listening so i kept going.

" We stopped for food then we'll keep moving." I listened to the man over the phone as he was giving me his orders.

" Great, I want you to keep driving til you're both here. And remember, I need here too". He ended the call and i just stood there thinking of how much arrogant he is!

I stood there sending a text message. " New things came up. I'll be late for few days. I'm sorry. Please be safe and sound. Love you ".

I went back inside to find Lily already ordered and sat beside the window enjoying her meal. Obviously!

I ordered coffee and then joined her.

———————————————————

the plot still feels little blurry but as i said before this story is just for fun, not that i know the exact details but i do know the main actions and plot twists. 😁😁

I hope you like it and thank you so much for reading it ♥️