Chapter 20

We sat and a beautiful young girl approached us. The tag on her dress said her name is Olivia. She approached with a big smile on her face. " Good morning! Isn't it a lovely day? How can i help you". Noah breathed and then looked at me so i talked to her. " um! Good morning. Just two breakfasts and coffee, please?". She wrote on a paper and then smiled to us again. " anything else?". I shook my head no and she went away.

There were some whispering and looking around us. I felt uncomfortable, yet Noah didn't even care.

He got up and i looked at him. " listen, i'll go tell her to change something in my breakfast, okay?". Then he left. Is he allergic to something?

I looked at the counter, he was talking to that young girl Olivia, and she took a glance over me and then nodded in pleasant! Noah came back and sat front of me. There were silence for a while. Both of us were too tired.

Finally, the breakfast came. Olivia put the plates and the coffee. Noah winked at her! What!

But thank god she put a cupcake with a candle on it. I was surprised! I looked at Noah in confusion, i would never think he would do that, not in a million year. He was smiling, one big warm smile.

They sang happy birthday to me and the costumers sang with the cast. I was beyond happy. No one ever did such a thing for me, not even my father or Lucas.

I put my hands on my mouth trying to hold the tears and i succeeded.

They sang and finished, and i blew on the candle, making a wish. I looked at Noah before making the wish, and he smiled at me as if he read my mind. I doubt that he knew what i was wishing for.

Everyone started to turn to their work. They left us so i looked at Noah. We locked eyes for seconds. He moved to get something from his pocket. He slid his hand through the table. " happy birthday, Lily". He removed his hand and a beautiful wings shaped necklace showed up. I opened my mouth in amazement.

 I opened my mouth in amazement

" omg! Noah, it's beautiful". He smiled and pointed. " it's not much but, come on, put it on".

I would've asked him to put it on me but i think we're not there yet. So i put it on myself. I kept touching it while it's on my neck. This is the best present i ever got. It might not be expensive, but it's better than diamonds to me.

I asked him. " why wings?". His choice is interesting to me. He smiled and seemed like he remembered something. " Because you are a rebellious soul, and only rebellious people get to spread their wings". He looked into my eyes with admiration. I did too. I was blushing so i decided to say something else.

"When did you get this, anyway? I was with you the whole time". He chuckled. " when you were in the fitting room". Oh i get it! When i got out he was stuffing something in his pocket so that what it was. Good one Noah. My boy is learning.

My boy? That made me blush again and he was staring.

To break the awkward moment i started to eat my breakfast so he followed. We enjoyed the meal. But still we were so tired.

" what do you say, we get some rest at a motel or something?". He asked and i nodded. So he waved to Olivia, and she came by. " what do we owe you?". She smiled and looked at me. " it's her birthday so it's on the house". I smiled back at her but, Noah insisted. " No way, we're so thankful but i insist".

There were few here and there but at the end Noah tipped her. After all she seems young, something between 16 and 18.

When We were about to leave Noah asked her. " Do you by any chance know any nearby motel?".

" yeah, it's a small town. Actually it's not too far from here". She led us away and pointed to the end of the street to a sign says red's motel. So We thanked her and headed to the car but she stopped us. " wait". She ran before Noah opens his door. I leaned on the top of the car trying to see what she's going to say.

"  Are you interested in festivals? There is going to be a festival tonight, behind the town's chapel. It happens every month. Anyways i know you're strangers but you seem lovely, also it's her birthday,so?"

I was about to laugh. Noah looked like he lost concentration somewhere in the middle of her long sentence. She was talking fast like any teenager. It was cute tho.

I stepped in. " Sure, we'd love to, thanks". And she got back inside. We got in the car in silent then Noah kept looking ahead frowning. Then he slowly turned to me. " Did she just called us strangers in our face!". I burst into laughters. He did too.

" give her a break, she's a cute teenager". I kicked him in the shoulder. What was that! He looked at me for a while with a weird look in his eyes and a half smile. So i bite my lip again. I should stop doing that when he's staring.

He started the car and drove to the motel. He parked the car and we got off. We headed to a small office to find a guy sitting there reading some papers with his glasses on.

" good morning, we need a room". Noah was brief. The man looked up from his glasses.

I just realized that Noah said room! So i leaned on him whispering. " room?". He looked at me and nodded as if i was saying something unreasonable, so i shut it.

The man gave him the keys and told him the number. Noah payed him for the day and we headed off.

" why you asked for one room?". Not that i was complaining, actually i like that but i was just wondering.

He kept walking. " you're not expecting me to sleep in another room and get you out of my sight, are you?".

He turned to face me before i could answer. " Don't worry, i'll sleep on the couch". He turned and i chuckled.

We got in the room. Wait! There's no couch!

Noah didn't even care. He threw himself on the bed the minute he got in the room. Making rest noises and shutting his eyes. " what happened to i'll sleep on the couch thing?". He didn't even bother opening his eyes. " usually, motels doesn't have couches". Son of a-! Of course! How would i even know!

I rolled my eyes and went straight to the bathroom. I freshened up and got out to find Noah all asleep.

I lied down next to him. His breath was regular. He looked like a baby all peaceful and cute. I wanted so bad to touch his face. But instead i just leaned on him and kissed his cheek and whispered. " have good dreams Noah".

Then i leaned back putting my head on the pillow and follow him into dreams land.

==========================

Keep up for the next chapter. Some secrets are being relieved 😜

Don't forget to vote and leave some comments ♥️♥️ love you ♥️

Have a great day ♥️