Chapter 27

* Lily P.O.V *

I was home again. The minute i entered the front door, Merrick-Anna ran towards me, barking in happiness. I got down to pet her.

Lucas went straight to the living room, then Linda came by. She hugged me. "Welcome home". I smiled a half smile at her. I felt tired anyways.

I was happy to them but it wasn't shown on my face, obviously.

Linda looked around then whispered to me. "You're father is waiting in the living. He doesn't seem much happy, so i thought i could warn you". I took of my jacket, hanging it to turn and face her. I put a hand on her shoulder to calm her. "It's alright. I know what i'm coming home for". She looked sad for me. I can't blame her. I felt like a pig waiting for slaughter.

I walked to the door of the living room then i took a deep breath. I got in closing the door behind me.

My father was sitting on the biggest couch, one leg on the other, his arms were spread along the couch. He's angry.

While Lucas was standing next to the drinks, holding one. He looked pleasant. He pissed the shit out of me. God knows what did he text my father earlier.

I walked few steps in the room. My father moved his eyes all over me in disgust. "What are you wearing!". He looked at my white top tank and short jeans like if i was suppose to meet his royal highness in a suit or something. Lucas chuckled!

I immediately remembered my tattoo! So i hid my arm behind my back. I stood then without saying anything. Any wrong word might be taken against me.

"Anyways, where have you been all that time?". He looked directly at my eyes. I got more nervous. So i started to stutter. "Y-you know, um, flight got canceled so W-we had to drive. I mean N-Noah did. Y-your Noah. Your man". I paused to take a breath and to swallow the lumb in my throat. "So we got robbed on the roads. Money, phones, IDs, all gone".

"And how did you get to the port without anything?".

I paused for a while. I took a look over Lucas, The bastard was eye threading me. So i kept it low. "Hitchhiking!". I said that as if i was asking myself! Why do i feel so freaking nervous when i already promised myself to be strong!

I really didn't think that my father would buy any of the things i just said. I sounded unreasonable.

My dad got up and came forward. I was warned but he smiled! He opened his arms. "The most important thing is that you're home and safe". He hugged me. "I'll ask Noah about the details later". My eyes widened!

He leaned back and held my hand. "Happy birthday sweetheart". I smiled forcibly, feeling like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. Lucas was standing there like a ticking bomb. What a snake!

"Thanks dad". I was looking at Lucas when i heard my father. "What's that?" I looked at him. He was looking at my tattoo. Uh-oh!

"Explain yourself, Lily". He was dead serious again. I tried to calm him down. "Dad, it's no big deal. I wanted to do it for my 21 birthday. It looks beautiful, isn't it?".

He looked at for a while holding my arm close to his face. He tightened his eyes and then looked at me. "And here i'm thinking that you became wiser by getting older!". What! His tone was mysterious! Why did he make such a big deal out of it! It just a tattoo!

Lucas chuckled again. He was enjoying the scene i can tell. Exactly enjoying me being tortured.

I looked at my dad trying to make him sympathize with me. "Dad, it's no big deal. It's just a one thing i wanted for my birthday. You know i turned 21 on the road". His face was solidly straight!

"What else did you do?" Weirdly calm! I was panicking inside. I took a quick look at Lucas, he had that daring look. He was daring my to talk! What an asshole!

I got more nervous. I felt myself sweating and i think my dad noticed. "Nothing, i promise. Only the tattoo".

He got closer to me looking deeply in my eyes, sensing my fear and my lies! He spoke slowly and vividly. "Lily Bree Adams, you're hiding something. You don't know how to lie darling. Sooner or later, i'm gonna know what is it".

He called me by my middle name! Now i know i'm in real trouble, and not just me, but also Noah.

He screamed Linda's name and that got me flinch like really bad. Linda came in immediately. "Yes Mr. Adams".

He was still looking at me, but i couldn't dare to look back. "Take Lily to her room. Don't let her out until i say so. If she went out consider yourself fired".

I couldn't believe what i just heard! "What! Dad you can't do that!". He didn't have to say anything. He just signed to Linda. So she held me by the shoulders. "Lily, let's go". So i had to go with her very disappointed!

***

* Third person P.O.V *

The door got closed behind Lily and Linda. John walked through the room thinking. Lucas followed his moves.

"Was that even necessary?" Lucas talked while he was heading to the couch. John turned to him. "She needs discipline, Lucas. John Adams daughter is soon gonna be out to the society, carrying my name. She needs to be tough and feared".

Lucas smiled taking a sip of his drink. "I thought she was going to carry my name". John turned to him while he was preparing a drink for himself. "Oh! She will, very soon. It just that right now she needs to be kept away from Noah".

Lucas turned so fast to look at John. He had a serious face on. "What do you suspect?". John walked to the couch front of Lucas and sat. "Lily is smart, she would've never have a tattoo out of nowhere. And when i see it, she had it while she was with Noah, the tattooed guy. Which means they got intimate. Connecting the dots, he must've got into her head, and god knows what kind of craps about me he filled her head with".

The room was filled with tension. Both of them were dead serious. Lucas chose to break the silence. "I will kill him if you let me". John answered immediately. "No. Noah is a diamond. I need him alive. He's a smart son of a bastard. He knows a lot, but i still need him". Lucas was lost for a moment. "What are you going to do then?".  

John took his moment to think. Then he looked like he just got a great devilish idea. "I should have a conversation with him first, but he must not suspect that we knew about him and Lily".

John smiled like a pure devil. "Once again, he must have his brain washed".

And while the devil was smiling, his demon read his mind, following him straight to hell.

===========================

Here's another chapter for you guys. 😊

The details of what's coming next is taking much time and efforts, since we're coming near to the end. 🙏🏻👀

So forgive me if i took much time to update. 🙏🏻♥️

Please, don't forget to vote and comment. 🔔💙♥️

Be safe and have a good day. ♥️🌷