Chapter 38

My father remained silent but his eyes were fixed carefully on me. I can tell he was surprised by my attitude. I wanted him to be surprised. Let him look at what he created.

I looked at Lucas with arrogance. "Lucas, there's nothing there for you. I'm the CEO of Adams corporations. I own every single penny of my father's money. And apparently, that marriage was just a way to take the rest of your money and leave you with nothing". I took a breath. " clearly, by the look on your face, you didn't know that".

My father finally spoke. "It's not true at all. You don't know what you're talking about young lady". I hate when he talk this calm.

I shifted my sight to Lucas. His face was red out of anger, but i didn't care if he got up and suffocate me. "I didn't know either, until i found the contracts". At this moment my father's face got pale.

I got up and headed to my dad's desk. I opened the safe and got the files out. I gave Lucas the file that contains the contracts of me owning everything. My father was looking at me in great anger, but he couldn't do anything.

Lucas went crazy going through the papers. When he made sure everything was true he looked at my father. "What the hell is this? You told me i'm going to be the CEO. You were playing me?".

I sat down to watch them both flip on each other. They kinda deserve it. If there were some popcorn or something!

My father spoke. "I was going to make you the CEO after the marriage. But did you really thought that i'm going to make you the owner? Don't think i don't know about your greed and selfishness. You didn't feel good with what i gave you through the years and you always wanted more. You wanted Adams corporations! Am i that stupid to give you the only thing i worked hard for!".

Lucas shouted. "I worked hard for it too, you know. I deserve it. When you told me to marry your stupid daughter i said yes. And that's how you thank me? Don't forget that i know everything about you John".

My father's eyes could shoot fire any minute now. He spoke in a very calm and a threatening tone. "Are you threatening me Lucas?". He smiled! "You know what i do with people who threats me, right? Plus, i know things about you too".

Lucas was speechless. He threw himself on the next couch trying to gather himself. Honestly, i was speechless too! Those two were playing each other for years! How fancy!

Awkward silence filled the room. I had to cut it off. "Wow! You guys got some serious issues". I held my laugh so hard.

My father turned to face me with dark eyes. I shut up immediately. He pointed at me! "Don't you think you're gonna get out of this that easily. Who taught you to talk like this? Who gave you this courage?". I rolled my eyes! He stopped for a second to look at me. "I bet it's him. Yeah! He always had this rebellious way of his! It's Noah, isn't it? He made you that brave, but stupid You! You don't know he's fooling you to get it back at me! Stupid Lily!".

Actually, he's right! Yes Noah made me stronger. He changed me into that brave version of myself, and i love it. So i couldn't agree more, except for the last sentence of course He's delusional, but who cares. My mind was in a different spot anyway.

I didn't know how i did this but i held up the other file in front of his eyes. "Actually, it's Liliana". I got their attention again!

My father features changed. His eyes sank while their were fixed on the file. Lucas was just an extra! So i didn't give a damn about him.

I spoke again but this time slowly. "Liliana Zaina Adams". I wanted to play on his nerves. "I think! i think i was named after my mother, Zaina Amelia Pataky, who was murdered by two gunshots, two years after my birth".