Chapter 18

Noah kept driving for the next hour. The sun was finally showing some day light. Since i was jacket-less i felt warm. The weather were warmer anyways since we went through hell lot of miles by now.

I didn't know about Noah, but i think he doesn't give a shit about the weather. He was driving with his right hand, leaning his head on the left one. I could tell his mind is out of the world. We haven't spoke for that last hour but i kept my eyes on him, eventually. The blood on his shirt were dark red by now. I didn't know how he got blood on his shirt anyways. Did he killed someone out there? What was the gun shots for?

Those were the questions running in my mind for the past half an hour. I decided to talk. I needed answers. So i just went for it. " you need to change your shirt". My voice came out soft and weak!

He flinched as if he wasn't expecting me to speak, or if i wasn't even there! He looked down to his shirt as if he's seeing those stains of blood for the first time. He frowned and looked back at the road.

He spoke in a very exhausted tone of voice. " I didn't even notice".

I felt terribly sorry for him. " Do you even know how you got 'em? ". He took his time to think. He looked like if he was trying to remember. He rubbed his forehead. " I don't know. Maybe in the middle of the fight".

" how did it all even start? ". Now i was focused on him.

" I was about to fall asleep when i heard some noises outside, i didn't go outside at first but then Ed came down carrying his shotgun. Then he told me the damn kids came back but this time they were bringing college kids i think! I don't know". Noah wasn't into what happened really. I could tell he was thinking about something else.

So i just turned my face away looking forward, but then i decided to look around the truck. I looked at the trunk, nothing was there. I opened the dash board and i found money!

" Noah, look". I looked at him, then looked back at money for him to follow my sight. He frowned and looked at me. He was insisted. " Those belongs to Ed". I could't agree with him. " why would he give you the truck if he left money in it! Maybe he left this money for us! Right! Think about it".

He wasn't sure but i convinced him i guess. He hummed and then talked. " even if the money ain't for us we're going to use it. I'm gonna bay him back later when i return the truck". I smiled.

I felt relieved. We could go back on the road again. A truck and money! We're doing fine.

After a while there where a sign coming ahead. Noah leaned forward to read it. I couldn't read since i didn't notice it in the first place, but Noah's features changed. What was the sign?

i felt Noah speeding up. That was strange!

" woah! what's wrong?". I asked him holding myself to the seat with one hand on the ceiling and the other on the dash board. He didn't look at me. He just kept looking at the road. I screamed his name. " Noah!". What's with him!

" I just had this idea". So he was thinking deep as i guessed! But what idea involved speeding!

" the idea of getting us killed?". He so steady and that freaked me out even more.

" I am wanted, but you're not". He turned his head towards me looking into my eyes. Is he trying to convince me! What did he mean?

The sign! He did this after he read the sign. " Noah, what was the sign? ". He kept looking back and forth. Gosh! His fucking nerves!

" that was a police station sign". He said that calmly. My eyes were fixed on him in disbelieve. Is he trying to do what i think he's going to do? He said he's wanted but i'm not!