Chapter 31

* Lily P.O.V *

I spent the next few days on my laptop trying to understand every detail inside the papers i found. I even searched my mother's name but nothing was there. I don't know what i was hoping to find anyway.

There were a lot of interesting information online that i could use against my father and Lucas, but i decided to save them for later.

I was determined to get back at them just in the right time. They will pay for all the lies and the pain they caused a lot of people. Too many souls were harmed and hurt. I had no doubts in that.

It was afternoon and i was reading some article when Linda came into my room bringing me a cup of coffee. I can't be more thankful for having her in my life. She's a life saver.

"Should i be concerned! You've been in that position for hours! Whatever you found in your dad's office, is it that important for you to get less rest?". She was worried and i respected that.

I closed the laptop then i rubbed my eyes. I was tired but i didn't want to admit it, so i joked. "If you want me to get some rest why would you bring me coffee?". I smirked and she sighed.

"Oh, how about, thank you Linda. That's so nice of you Linda". Then she laughed. I was really tired to laugh with her so i just put a smile on.

Her face got serious now and she put her hand on my shoulder. "Lily, i'm worried about you. Please, tell me that you're not gonna get hurt? I know that look of yours, it scares me". She sounded really worried. I couldn't do that to her.

I took out only the papers that contains my mother's infos and handed them to her. She was confused at first, but when she read the papers well she understood.

She almost sobbed so she covered her mouth with her hand. I was looking at her with no expressions on! She left up her head to look at me in worried featured, but she said nothing.

I had to say something since she went all numb. "See! Apparently, my mother didn't die giving birth to me after all". I said that trying so hard not to cry. I was fighting the lump stuck in my throat.

  "Lily, i- i'm so sorry". I stopped her there. "It's not your fault to apologize Linda. It's not you who owes me an apology".

There were that strange feeling growing inside me. I felt darkness and hatred. I felt anger, awfulness and many mixed worse feelings. I was scared of the thing i'm turning into. But i knew deep inside i was just a broken little girl.

Linda remained silent while i was thinking deeply. Poor Linda! She doesn't know everything.

We know that John Adams isn't that decent man but i never thought of him as a murderer! After all he was the only parent i know. I always knew myself as a motherless girl, but after seeing that video and knowing about all these lies, i considered myself officially an orphan.

My father was guilty until proven innocent. Not that i didn't see it with my own eyes, but i need to hear it from him.

Linda spoke to cut me out of my thoughts. "What do you have in mind?".

I looked at her for a while thinking. "I might need your help again". She put her hand on mine. "Anything, sweetie".

I smiled to her then i straightened in my seat and got even more serious. "You need to get me out of this house, tonight".

"Tonight! Lily, that might be dangerous. If you got caught...". I cut her off. "I won't. No one will even notice that i'm not in my room during the night!". When i think about it, no one will even notice that i'm gone for the next 24 hours! Huh!

"So?". I encouraged her to talk. She hesitated but she sighed finally. "How are we going to do this?". I felt relieved.

"Okay. First i need Noah's address. I couldn't find it myself so you have to help me with that".

She started to think a little. "Uh! I could ask Pete for it?".

"Great. And make sure he won't tell anyone". She nodded then i kept going. "I will try to escape at midnight by the wall near the gates since it's the lowest one".

Linda freaked out. "It's too obvious. The guards will see you in seconds". I calmed her. "Don't worry, i thought this through. This wall is covered with plants and it's little dark at that spot".

She was still worried. "I don't know Lily. What about the cameras? It's gonna get you". I smiled at her alongside a meaningful look. "That's your part. You're going to disconnect the cameras and the alarm system for few minutes until i pass to the other side. That's all and no one will ever notice".

I looked at her waiting for an answer. She flipped for a while but then she looked at me. "Okay". I smiled a big one. "Thank you".

She smiled and got up to leave. "I'll go see if Pete's here. You get some rest". I nodded. "I will". And she left.

I shutdown the laptop and gathered the papers into the file, the i went to bed to get some rest. I was beyond excited. I didn't know my exact next move but i was sure that Noah is going to be into this.

He needs to know that he's not the murderer. I felt like i can already see his reaction and how he's going to be happy. Maybe he will hug his sister and jump with her out of happiness. I chuckled for the idea. Noah! Jumps!

Silly Lily! Noah wouldn't do such a thing.

If i wasn't busy in mind and angry deep in my soul, i would've said that i'm deeply madly in love, but i was mentally and heartily exhausted to think of anything other than revenge.

So i fell asleep, with his face perfectly clear in my head, comforting me, and making me believe that tomorrow is going to be better.

===========================

It's a basic chapter with no details but it was necessary 😜

Stay safe and healthy guys 🙏🏻

Love you ♥️