Chapter Four

28th of January, 12:34 pm

RUEL'S POV

I didn't like being here again. Sitting in the police station gave me flashbacks to the night she went missing. I mean, it was only 2 days ago but it felt like it had been weeks without her, the time had been going so slowly. The tension and stress of sitting in the busy police station was broken by the head police officer of y/n's case, Carl, tapping me on the shoulder. I stand up to listen to what he has to say.

C: 'Thanks for handing the phone in Ruel, it's really helpful for the case. Just to make it clear, this was her so called 'burner phone'? No her main cell phone she used on a day to day basis?'

R: 'Uh, no. I had no idea that she had that phone but like I said, that's not her main phone'

Carl nods and scribbles down notes after pulling a pen and notebook from his back pocket

C: 'We unfortunately do not have much of it leading to her disappearance but we will be getting DNA testing on the phone, but ignoring your DNA assuming you all touched it, correct?'

I nod and look behind me to see the rest of the group nod, while they were all still sitting on the blue chairs.

C: 'You're all good to go, no questioning today but keep an eye out for updates'

Carl smiles and nods before I nod back and walk out of the police station with everyone following, the hot sun of a Sydney summer hitting the back of my neck.

G: 'Mate, I'm so sorry' he says from behind me

R: 'Don't even start Gray.' I turn around to face him and everyone takes a couple of steps back, giving us space, 'I know, you're sorry but that doesn't make any difference! I would rather you kiss y/n. But seriously, my sister?'

G: 'Just let me know when you're ready to talk. I know you've already got a lot on your plate.'

I started to walk back to my car without saying another word, I had nothing else to say to him anyway. I felt Mia follow me to my car, I forgot I was taking her home, this was going to be an interesting car ride. I pull out onto the main road before she sighs and puts her phone in her lap.

M: 'You know they were both drunk. You can see it in the video' she looks at me but I keep my eyes on the road.

R: 'I don't care. He should know his boundaries, and he stepped over those when he kissed Coco' I snapped back at her.

M: 'I agree but it happened once, Ruel. It's not like they're dating. They just kissed, once. Everyone was hooking up at that party anyways, so you need to relax about it.'

I roll my eyes and my hands tighten on the steering wheel. We drive a kilometre until we stop at a red light and Mia speaks again.

M: 'You're not saying anything because you know I'm right' she crosses her arms

R: 'I'm not saying anything because it's not worth fighting over.'

M: 'Exactly. We have bigger things to worry about than Grayson kissing your sister. They're both over 18, they can do whatever they want.'

R: 'Fine.' I sigh, 'But you didn't win this argument, I slowly agreed'

M: 'I won but ok.' she rolls her eyes as she smiles and picks up her phone

R: 'I'm going to look out tonight'

M: 'Do you want me to come?' she looks up from her phone and I look back at her