Chapter Seventeen

20th of March, 8:10 pm

MIA'S POV

I sat in between Ruel's legs with a blanket over the top of us both, his thumb rubbing the inside of my thigh, making the butterflies in my stomach erupt into a million of them.

I: 'I swear to god if I get warts from that water, you're paying for the health insurance'

A: 'Don't be so dramatic' she chuckles as Indi wraps her blanket tighter around her shoulders, it was really cold tonight

G: 'What time are we getting up tomorrow?'

M: 'Um, I set an alarm for 8 am' I say as Ruel started to place kisses on my neck.

I turn my head to face him

M: 'What are you doing?' I whisper, knowing that the rest of the group probably didn't appreciate the PDA.

He nods his head over to the trees and I roll my eyes, knowing where he was trying to get at. I stood up with him as the rest of them continued a conversation, pretending not to notice us sneaking off.

M: 'What?' I say once we had reached the trees and could only see the fire in a small beam of light.

R: 'Oh, I don't know...' he says, slowly wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling my body to press against his.

I stand on my tiptoes, our lips meeting in the middle, instantly breaking the tension and going into a passionate kiss. I pull him closer by wrapping my arms around the back of his neck as our lips continue to kiss. I pulled away to take a breather but something caught my eye, a light? I turn to the right, but nothing.

R: 'You ok?'

M: 'Oh, yeah. I thought...I just saw something' I chuckle as his lips are brought back to mine, my hands running through his hair as he pulls my body closer but there it was again.

I pulled away quickly and both Ruel and I saw it. The light. The...Flashlight?

R: 'Is someone watching us?'

M: 'Don't know but I'm not staying around to find out' I grab his hand, leading him back to the camp where the fire was already put out.

R: 'Guess they went to bed' I sigh and open the zipper where everyone was in their sleeping bags, on their phones

A: 'That didn't take long'

M: 'What did you think we were doing?' I say, sitting down on my sleeping bag and opening my backpack

A: 'No comment'

R: 'Yeah, well, we kinda got spooked. Pretty sure there was someone watching us'

G: 'Are you sure...'

M: 'Yes! You don't know what we saw, there was a flashlight...In the middle of the woods'

A: 'Clearly you two didn't know what you saw either, your faces were smashed up against each other' I hear Ruel chuckle and I roll my eyes as I slipped into my sleeping bag next to Indi.

INDI'S POV

I kinda got the feeling that Mia and Ruel were the kind of couple that nobody really wanted to see together. I know y/n went missing and I know that her and Ruel were in a very long relationship so I guess I'm on Alannah and Grayson's side for this. Kind of a dog move by Mia but I was just trying to be friends with everyone. I also heard that Tilly also ditched the group but I wasn't the one to come into these friendships just to know the gossip. I buried my head in my pillow as Mia took the photo the next morning and we all got up to get changed for the day hike. We stood outside in the freezing cold in our bikinis as we hung out our old bathers from the night before and the boys came back from their bathroom break. They both whistle as they walk back down the hill and we all roll our eyes apart from Mia who appreciated the compliment and stuck out her tongue at Ruel. I throw on my leggings and my blue tank top over the top of my black bikini top.

R: 'You ready?'

We all nod in agreement as we grab our backpacks and start to follow the pathway from our tent.

RUEL'S POV

As we reached the top, I saw Grayson collapsed onto the ground, in front of me, taking off his backpack

R: 'You good there mate?'

G: 'Can't... breathe...Legs...Broken' I chuckle at him being dramatic

M: 'Alannah and I are going to find a place to pee' she says before dropping her bag and pecking me on the cheek.

I: 'So...this y/n girl...' she says next to me once Mia and Alannah were gone

R: 'Yeah, she was...Pretty amazing'

I: 'I never really knew her but I heard a lot of things...Good things' she chuckles and I smile

R: 'Yeah, she was an amazing friend. I'm sure you two would've gotten along really well actually' I chuckle

FLASHBACK

As her head rested against my chest and my face in her hair, I tightly wrapped my arms around her as we lay in my bed. It had been a long day of filming the music video for 'Not Thinking 'Bout You' and I had y/n around for the trip.

Y/N: 'You looked really handsome in your flannel'

R: 'Why thank you. You looked pretty standing behind the camera' I feel her smirk against my chest as she snuggles more into me.

Y/N: 'Can we go shopping after tomorrow's shoot?' I chuckle and kiss her head.

R: 'Of course princess, anything you want'.

She smiles up at me, bringing her lips to mine. She wraps her small body (in comparison to me) around mine as I pull her on top of me, our lips not breaking apart. I always felt nervous around her and even though we had been dating for 2 years, I still felt as if I was gonna mess up something, or not do something right and would embarrass myself. I mean, falling off my skateboard on one of the first official dates while trying to show off was definitely the number one embarrassing moment but I didn't want to lose her. She pulls away, pulling her hair behind her neck and stops to look at me.

Y/N: 'I love you' I could tell she was nervous to say that to me as she practically held her breath for my reply but I knew what I was going to say back

R: 'Ew, gross' she rolls her eyes and buries her face into the crook of my neck and laughs and rubs her back. 'I'm joking. I love you more than you could imagine'

Her face appears again, her face covering everything but her pouty mouth that was holding in a cheeky smile behind it. I moved the hair and pulled her face to meet mine again, a sense of relief in my heart knowing that we said it but butterflies continued to fly around in my stomach each time she pulled away from our kiss to look at me.

PRESENT

R: 'Yeah, I mean, don't tell Mia but I will always love her-'

I was cut off by the sound of Mia and Alannah suddenly talking a couple of meters behind us. Was I really talking about y/n for that long?

R: 'Grayson? You ready?'

G: 'Yeah, just give me 5 minutes to get up'

M: 'Let's go' she said coldly as she picked up her bag and started to walk back down the trail.

What got under her skin in the last 5 minutes?

Y/N'S POV

I couldn't sleep tonight...I threw the tennis ball up in the air and caught it repeatedly. It would be nights like this where I could call Ruel asking him to sing me a song. I was a child like that, I needed a song to go to sleep. 'Shit' I whispered to myself as the ball dropped into the darkness. I picked up my flashlight, peering around the small space until something reflected the light. Metal? Glass? No way. I didn't find a tennis ball..Even better. A window. A way out.