Chapter Twelve

29th of February, 2:56pm

2 weeks later

RUEL'S POV

I didn't want a big funeral for her. I knew she would've loved the attention but I didn't want to risk the chance of fans turning up, even though she loved them dearly, I wanted it to be special. It was just the main group and our families as well as some of y/n's dance coaches and closest teachers like Ms Evans. I never had her as a teacher but the rest of the group seemed to really appreciate her, so I guess I do too. As Alannah and Mia stepped down from the platform, I took a deep breath in...It was my turn to speak.

R: 'We all knew how much she loved the attention, she would've loved a big glamourous funeral but um...Thanks for making this a small one...I was really blessed to have her in my life, I was glad she was smart enough to be in year level above so that when we met in the English I couldn't stop staring.'

FLASHBACK- 4 years ago

Y/N: 'You're staring' the dirty blonde haired girl said next to me

R: 'What?' I snap back into reality hearing Mr Stone talk about stylistic features in the background

Y/N: 'You were staring at me...'

R: 'Sorry' I apologise as she flashes me a smile and turns back to the board, I felt myself blush.

I tried to listen to what repetition and the rule of 3 meant but I couldn't help looking over to the girl next to me, scribbling away in the back of her notebook. Shit, were we supposed to be taking notes? I pull out a pen and open to a random page, quickly writing down each thing as Mr Stone flicked through the PowerPoint.

Y/N: 'Are we supposed to be writing notes?' she leans over and whispers to me, making me jump.

R: 'Oh, uhh, I-I was doing it because you were...' I stutter, surprised she talked to me again

Y/N: 'You were staring at me again?' she gives me a cheeky smile which I reciprocate

R: 'Uhh, kind of...' she blushes as she looks down at her paper, her hand covering where the pencil was once scribbling at. 'So, uh, what are you doing then?'

Y/N: 'Um...Just drawing...' she suddenly looked nervous as she closed her book but I put my hand on the paper lifting it up to see a sketch of me...Looking at the board.

R: 'Woah...That's good...That legit looks better than what I actually look like in the mirror' she lets out a laugh and then quickly covers her mouth as Mr Stone looks up for his laptop. 'So, um, you're an artist I'm assuming. If not I'm really bad at guessing'

Y/N: 'I guess...I draw when I'm bored but I'm a dancer.'

R: 'Oh, so you do like this..' I do a arm wave and dance in my seat, making her laugh and our table squeak around

MS: 'Ruel, y/n, do I need to separate you two?'

We both shake our head and as he turns around, we break into a smile.

R: 'I'm Ruel by the way'

Y/N: 'Y/N' she smiles and I shuffle my seat back into place. 'So, what's your thing?'

R: 'What do you mean?'

Y/N: 'From your previous demonstration I can tell you're not a dancer so..what are you?'

R: 'I'm a human...I think?' she giggles at my joke which makes me smile, she had the most contagious smile and it had only been 15 minutes of knowing this girl 'No, um, I'm a singer...Trying to be I guess'