Chapter Eighteen

21st of March, 4:56 pm

ALANNAH'S POV

We all sat around the fire, the blankets around our bodies for our second and last night at Byron until we all went home the next morning. Even though it was only Saturday and we wanted to do more here, we had to spend most of tomorrow travelling back home where we all but Ruel had school the next day. We were about halfway through the term, we were nearly there, but barely.

M: 'I've got my alarm set for 8 am...Like, we don't have to leave on too much time'

A: 'Yeah, I mean, as long as we leave by 10, we should be good. Who's driving first?'

R: 'Um, do we wanna do it as we did on the way here? Me, Grayson, Alannah and then I finish? I need to get my hours up anyways.'

We all nod in agreement as Mia rustles a packet of marshmallow from her bag.

G: 'How did they not get eaten by ants...or you?'

M: 'Ha ha, you're so funny Gray' she rolls her eyes as she opens the packet and passes the bag around, each of us putting one or two on our stick.

R: 'How's school going for everyone? I mean, I know you don't go with everyone Indi but, you know' he awkwardly chuckles as I watch my marshmallow catch on fire

I: 'Um, good. I guess. I do dance, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology'

G: 'Oh that's so cool. What do you wanna do when you leave?' he says before peeling off the burnt sugar layer.

I: 'Uhh, Criminology kinda stuff. That's what I plan to do anyways' she smiles and I nod along

A: 'Yeah, I'm doing Psychology as well. It's...fun' I chuckle sarcastically and she smiles and nods.

We all sat there for an hour, talking, toasting marshmallows. It was a pretty relaxed night until all the girls decided to sneak out. I climbed over Grayson's sleeping body as Indi followed me and Mia slowly stepped over Ruel. We took the bikes that were neatly stacked next to the van, ready to give back tomorrow and rode down the pathway to the lake, laughing and screaming at we used our phone flashlights as our only source of direction and safety.

M: 'Shit, it's fucking cold' she said as we hopped off the boats and started taking our clothes off.

I: 'You're the only that came up the idea'

A: 'Only Mia would come up with the idea of skinny dipping at 1 am'

Mia's response was running into the darkness and we hear a sudden scream and laugh as we heard her splash into the lake. We follow her, running into the lake as the water hit our cold freezing bodies

I: 'How long are we gonna stay here?'

A: 'Until I can't feel my boobs'

M: 'You can't feel them anyways!' we all burst into laughter as the cold water felt as if it was freezing around us.

A: 'I can't feel them! Let's go!' they laugh in response as we all run out of the lake butt-naked and threw our bodies over our cold bodies.

M: 'What are we telling the boys happened when they realise we went missing?'

I: 'We all had to pee'

A: 'In the lake? At the same time?'

I: 'Yep' she laughs as we hop on our bikes, following Indi back to the tent.

MIA'S POV

I woke up alone in a tent with talking outside. I threw on my outfit for the day- my hoodie and leggings before walking outside.