Chapter Sixteen

20th of March, 8:34 am

ALANNAH'S POV

It has been two weeks and in those two weeks, Tilly had already packed up and left to go to Melbourne. It seemed as if she didn't even have to think twice about taking y/n's spot at Lucy Guerin Inc but I think we had all the same thoughts about her decision. None of us had made contact with her...But, she hasn't made contact with us so we weren't technically ignoring her, right? Indi had also joined our group once our dance classes went back into full swing. Mia and I quickly became close with her and when we introduced her to the whole group, she fit right in after hanging out with us a couple of times.

I quickly sipped at my drink bottle as the music started and the choreographer counted in the first group. All of us stood at the back, lightly marking the movement as the group danced, we didn't wanna mess this dance up because it was a guest choreographer that taught the class and was filming it for future reference. He had danced with Beyonce, Justin Beiber and Kesha so this was our moment to shine. As the group finished with their final pose I heard Mia swear under her breath, our group was up. Mia, Indi and I stepped out onto the dance floor, taking the front row as y/n had always told us to do. 'You won't get noticed if you're in the back row, even if you're killing the dance' she said and every time we had an opportunity to do something like this, I would always take the front row. I jog on the spot as the choreographer counts us in and then we hit the first move as the music beat drops. The choreographer and dancer teacher yelled and cheered to the music as all of us hit the moves and vibed with the dance. We all hit the final pose and then stood up, high fiving all of us for the end of class. We walked back to our drink bottles and towels as our dance teacher wrapped up the dance class and we thanked the choreographer. We walk out the studio, all heading towards Mia's car to go to her house and then Rule's.

I: 'Wait, have you guys packed yet?'

M: 'Um, yeah? It's only for a couple of days so she'll she right'

I laugh as Indi rolls her eyes and Mia slips into the driver's seat.

M: 'Wait, when did they say that they were going to release the opportunity forms?'

A: 'Not sure but I doubt it will be over a week'

I: 'They filmed the class so who knows'

A: 'At least we were front row, it's not like we would be blocked by other dancers'

The girls nod in agreement and we continue to drive to Mia's house to grab our bags for the trip to Byron Bay.

MIA'S POV

The girls followed me into Ruel's house as the door was unlocked to see Grayson and Ruel in the living area with their bags. I immediately go up to Ruel, his arms tightly wrapped around me in a hug before kissing my forehead.

R: 'You guys ready to go?'

We all nod as I grab his hand as we all walk outside to see Grayson's minivan which we were going to take to Byron Bay. It was going to take around 8 hours to get there so I was really excited for all of us to bond and vibe all day.

A: 'I dibs on having AUX cord first!'

R: 'But I'm driving first, I get dibs first'

M: 'Y'all, everyone gets AUX cord for an hour, ok?'

R: 'Once again, I'm driving for the first 2 hours, so I get the AUX cord.'

Alannah rolls her eyes as she dumps her bag into the back and then climbs into the back seat. We all put our bags in the back before the boys take the front seats and all of us girls squeeze into the back. Ruel hits play on his phone as it plays through the radio and he pulls onto the highway. Us girls scream the top of our lyrics to What Makes you Beautiful as the boys instantly regret coming on the trip.

After many hours, many drive throughs and many, many naps we finally arrived at the campsite. Grayson comes back to the car with the scan key for our vehicle to get into the campsite.

M: 'We can rent tents, right?'

R: 'Yeah, but I bought the big group one my family used to use. We can all fit in there. The one's here are overpriced as'

Grayson pulls up and turns off the van as we arrive at our campsite and we slide the door open, grabbing all our sleeping bags and suitcases out of the back.

R: 'Everyone leaves your bags so we can set up the tent first'

It was already around 5 pm and the sun was setting so we wanted to set up the tent quickly so that we didn't have to do it in the dark.

R: 'Anyone seen the gold pin?'

A: 'Found it!' we hear Alannah yell from the other side of the tent.

M: 'This tent is massive Rule what the fuck'

R: 'It had to fix me, my 2 sisters and my mum and dad. Kinda had to be big'

M: 'Yeah, especially if it had to fit your lanky ass' I see him smile but roll his eyes as Alannah appears with the gold pin to hold down the tent.

I: 'This side's done. Tied to the tree'

R: 'Cool, we're almost done as well' I hand him the hammer as he pounds the pin into the dirt.

M: 'Done?' he nods in response and I walk over to Indi and Alannah who were unpacking their bags.

A: 'Wait, so hike tomorrow? Bike ride today and things in between?'

I: 'I think that was the plan, right?'

M: 'Seems about right' I say as I grab my sleeping bag from the van, throwing it inside the tent along with my 2 backpacks of clothes. 'Is that it?' I call from the tent

A: 'Yeah' I hear from outside so I climb out to see Grayson and Ruel rolling our rental bikes towards us, resting them against the van. I stood next to Indi as we looked out at the sunset before Ruel came up behind me, kissing my cheek and wrapping his long arms around my stomach.

R: 'So do you guys want to head out for the bike ride?'

RUEL'S POV

I took the lead, riding down the dirt path to the closed-off lake where it was considered dangerous. I mean, I swam here every time I come down here so I doubt it would be dangerous. I slowed down as we reached the gate that closed off cars coming into the lake and everyone stopped behind me, getting off their bikes to squeeze past the gate and into the lake. We strip down to our bathers and run into the freezing cold water as the orange sunset reflects off the lake's water.

M: 'Holy shit, it's fucking cold'

A: 'Yeah, I'm fucking freezing'

We laugh as all our bodies constantly move, trying to keep the warmth going around our bodies. I shiver as I swim over to Mia, her body wrapping around mine as I hold her up and the girls tread in water.

I: 'Ew, I just felt the mud' she makes a gagging noise as we all laugh and look at the sun, slowly setting in the background

G: 'Did anyone bring towels?'

R: 'Uhh, no. Were we supposed to?' Grayson rolls his eyes in response and groans before getting out of the cold water.

G: 'I'm going? Anyone else?'

I: 'Yep,I'm done. I swear I felt something move in the mud'

A: 'Yeah...That backs up my decision'

R: 'You gonna leave?' I say to Mia as her face was centimetres away from mine.

She shrugs and smiles before kissing me, her hands run through my wet, overgrown hair and I hear fake gags from Alannah and Grayson. I pull away and roll my eyes, carrying her out of the water before getting back on our bikes and riding back to the campsite for the night.

Y/N'S POV

I held my head in my hands and I heard the constant yelling from above me. I was used to it now, it was a normal occurrence but I still got a headache. This place had thin walls, it felt like they would come through the roof from above me. It suddenly went quiet and heard quick steps down the staircase and the quick open of my door.

Y/N: 'You guys done yelling? Trying to sleep here.