Chapter Two

2 weeks later

6th of April, 10: 39 am

RUEL'S POV

We all stood in Alannah's dining area, waiting for her parents to give the all-clear.

A: 'I mean, I think I did really well but still ended up getting a B+'

M: 'Alannah, I would be grateful if I got a B+'

A: 'That's barely a pass for me and my family'

L: 'You're right, barely' she laughs from down the hall, 'Everyone ready to go?'

We all nod in response as we grab our bags and all headed outside. Alannah and her parents, y/n and myself were taking one car with Indi, Mia and Grayson in the other. Today was the first, and hopefully, only trial date for y/n's parents on trial for her kidnapping and failing to care for a child of custody. I could tell y/n was a bit nervous for the trial as she had to testify on the stand and say each thing that they did to her as well as recalling the events of the night she disappeared for the fifth time to the police. She did look gorgeous dressed up though and the rest of the group all looked pretty formal.

We took our seats in the row directly behind the stand where y/n and her lawyer sat with Alannah's parents off the side. She did a great job while she was speaking. While on the stand she sat, facing the audience but when she got nervous or antsy her eye contact didn't leave mine as I smiled and gave her a wink. While talking about how they treated her, my heart broke for her. I mean, she had told me all of this but it was hard hearing about it again. She was confident in what she was saying because she knew what her parents deserved for their actions and that made it really easy for the jury to believe her. After both y/n and the defendant spoke, it was clear to us that her parents were guilty but the jury still had to complete deliberation where they would complete the final decision of whether Mr and Mrs Lewis were guilty or not. As the jury entered the courtroom, y/n stood up and turned to talk to us. I leaned over the bench to give her a kiss before pulling away and letting everyone talk and congratulate her.

A: 'You did amazing up there hun'

G: 'Ever thought about becoming a lawyer yourself? You were so good'

Y/N: 'Hmm, I don't know. Maybe' she shrugs.

We all continued to talk before the judge called for the jury to come back in after only 2 hours. Y/n takes her seat next to her lawyer again as a member of the jury stands up to announce their choice.

J: "We find the defendant guilty of the kidnapping and hostage of Y/N Lewis as well as failing to care for a child of legal custody'

We all cheer and clap as y/n's parents are taken away in handcuffs. Y/N stands up, walking out of the front section courtroom to stand next to me, kissing me and taking me by surprise.

R: 'You ready to head home?'

Y/N: 'I want Macca's on the way home'

R: 'Whatever you want princess' I say before kissing her head.

MIA'S POV

We all stood in the kitchen of Alannah's (and now y/n's I guess) house, eating the McDonalds we had gotten after court. Now we were all about to watch a movie and just hang out together as we had been for the past couple of weeks. We were about to finish school holidays in a couple of days but I couldn't wait to go back because this term, y/n was going to be coming with us.

Y/N: 'Hey, can we talk?' she whispers in my ear as everyone else talks over the top of us

I nod in response as we go upstairs to chat. I walked into the guest room, now completely y/n upped and it looked really similar to her old room.

M: 'So, what did you wanna talk about?' I sit down at her desk as she sits across from me on her bed.

Y/N: 'It's about Ruel... And you....And me I guess' I nod, I knew where this was going but I didn't think she was going to bring it up 'I love Ruel, and I know you had really strong feelings for him and I'm sure he felt the same way about you...I just, I know he was my boyfriend to start with but I didn't want it to make it seem like I've come in and swopped your boyfriend away from you'

M: 'Whether Ruel and I were together for a month or six, he was always going to have feelings for you...I tried to ignore that but as soon as I realised that, I just accepted it. He had no reason to move from you, you didn't hurt him or cheat on him...Well, I mean that one time but anyways. You know?'

Y/N: 'Yeah, I get that but I just want to make sure that there was going to be no bad blood between us both...I really want to be with Ruel like we used to, being a couple of the group but I always want my best friend back and if I don't get both of those things...It won't feel like it used to'

M: 'It's never going to feel as it used to...But I want my best friend back as well' I smile as she stands up, offering a hug which I take.

Y/N: 'I missed you' she mumbles into my shoulder

M: 'I never said this out loud but I missed you more than anything while you were gone' I say back before she pulls away and we walk back downstairs to where everyone was strolling through movies for the afternoon.

RUEL'S POV

She sits in between my legs, twiddling with my fingers as we talk about the most random stuff

Y/N: 'Hella respect for vegans, like no milk or eggs? What do they eat?'

R: 'Healthy stuff?'

Y/N: 'Yeah, but that's no ice cream! For life!' she chuckles as she leans back into me and I kiss her neck.

She turned around, meeting my lips with her as I slid down the bed for her to be on top of me. My hands run through her hair as her body pressed against mine and I get flashbacks from our 1 anniversary in Melbourne, I couldn't help but smile.

Y/N: 'What?' she pulls away with a confused look

R: 'Nothing' I smile as she rolls her eyes, burying her head into the crook of my neck.

As Alannah walks past her room, she flicks the light off and we chuckle.

R: 'Thanks Lana!'

A: 'I swear to god, I better not hear any noises from that room tonight!' we both burst out in laughter at her comment as we heard her bedroom door shut.

A: 'Wake up, we're leaving in like half an hour' Alannah says in the morning as she flicks our light on and off constantly.

Y/N: 'Ok, ok, we're getting up' she says from under my arm.

A: 'You two disgust me' she walks away from the door before we chuckle and get out of bed. We start to put our clothes on when we hear a knock on the door. I poke my head out of the bedroom to yell to Alannah as I hear her open the door

R: 'Alannah, who is it?'

A: 'It's Tilly'