Chapter Six

29th of January, 8:34 am

ALANNAH'S POV

I dropped my bag to the floor and squatted as we waited outside the school for Grayson to show up. My legs were aching because I had been waiting for an hour at school, being the first one there.

E: 'There he is' I look up to see Grayson jogging from the direction of the train station

G: 'Sorry, the train was late'

We nod and exchange awkward looks between the whole group. Were we really going to wait outside to see if y/n would show up for the first day of year 12?

M: 'Do we wait?'

E: 'She was always the last one to show up for school' he chuckled

The bell rang for homeroom, there was our answer. I sigh and stand up, picking up my bag and trailing behind our group, the last people to go through the school's double doors. We all go into the first science lab, our homeroom, and take our usual seats, an empty seat next to me sat cold, where y/n would always sit after rushing in because we had given up waiting for her at the start of every school day.

A: 'But if the elevator should go up anyways' I say, continuing the conversation we were having as we walked into the classroom

E: 'The elevator is not worthy!'

A: 'Yeah but-' I was cut off by someone sitting down in the seat next to me, someone I didn't recognise, a new girl.

T: 'Keep your cool'

A: 'I'm trying'

I took a deep breath and look at Mrs Evans, refraining myself from screaming at the girl to get out of y/n's seat. I didn't want to start accepting that she might not come back...I still wanted to believe that she was going to sit in that chair tomorrow, or better yet, show up to class now, telling that girl to get out of her seat and all would be right with the world again.

ME: 'Alright guys, I took the attendance. Look, I know it might be a weird right now considering the circumstances but its everyone's first day of senior year, let's make the most of it, yeah? Keep your heads up'

The bell rings for the first lesson and the sound of everyone chairs squeaking and picking up their laptops and books filled the room. I stood and grabbed my laptop before Mrs Evans approaches us.

ME: 'Can we talk really quick guys?'

M: 'Yeah, sure'

ME: 'I know you guys were really close with y/n and still are but everyone's behind you during this time. Just know that if the stress gets to you, I'm always here and if you need an extension for work because of the events, I'm happy to write an email to your teachers'

We smile and nod at her as we start to walk to our next class. Mia, Grayson and I all started heading the new science building or chemistry when we walk past the soccer boys.

B: 'Found the hoe yet?'

I see Grayson drop his books, slamming Bryce into a locker

G: 'What did you just say about y/n?'

B: 'We all know she couldn't keep her hands off other people apart from Ruel'

My mouth drops open and I jump as Grayson punches Bryce in the face and then is pulled apart from him by a passing teacher.

T: 'Grayson, Bryce, office. Now!'

I look over at Mia who her mouth was just gapped open, speechless.