Chapter Ten

1st of February, 3:34 pm

ALANNAH'S POV

We all walk out of the school doors and Tilly, Mia and I all start to go the student car park

G: 'Where are you guys going?'

E: 'Yeah, I always drop you home on Friday's'

A: 'Oh right, yeah, sorry. We're just going back to Mia's house'

E: 'Ok, well, see you later' he says before kissing me on the cheek and I smile.

We walk back to Mia's car and I sit in the back.

A: 'I feel bad for lying to him' I say as Mia starts her car

M: 'Just because you're dating now doesn't mean you can stretch the truth'

A: 'What truth are we stretching?'

T: 'We're going to Mia's after we go to y/n's house' she says from the passenger seat

It took around 10 minutes to arrive at y/n's house where Mia took the lead, knocking on the screen door. I felt Tilly freeze up in front of me as they open the door and smile

MRL: 'Hi girls, come in, please.'

I smile and follow them into the room, immediately having the habit of going down the hallway into the dining hall

MS: 'How can we help girls?'

M: 'We were just coming over to see if you were ok...about everything'

A: 'Yeah, we know it might be a difficult time but we just wanted to check in and know that we are completely behind you. Right, Tilly?'

T: 'Right. Um, yeah'

MRL: 'That's very kind of you girls but the answer is yes, we should be ok' I smile at Mr Lewis.

I still despised him, I still didn't like him for doing wrong to y/n's mum and her. How could he let alcohol get in between his family and the protection he was supposed to bring?

M: 'That's good, I mean, we were all a bit surprised when the arrest was made, I mean, what evidence do they have against you?'

MSL: 'Apparently it was some old lie detector test...Something really random but I understand you can never be too careful with these types of cases'

M: 'Then why are they bringing it up all of sudden now? You get the results of those things immediately, don't you?'

MRL: 'We have no idea but just promise us this, girls, you'll come to the trial'

A: 'Of course.' I force a smile before Tilly sniffs, I could tell she was uncomfortable 'Well, thanks for letting us talk, we'll see you soon'

We smile before leaving to go back to Mia's house

GRAYSON'S POV

I flop down onto my bed after walking back home from the bus stop. I grab my laptop out from the back of my bag and a piece of paper slipped out. Hm, I don't remember having any math sheets to do for homework...I turn it over on my bed, revealing scribbled writing which looked vaguely familiar to the writing that Ruel had on his first letter from y/n.

I know no one had handed in these notes, otherwise, I wouldn't have been doing this now. Just a small warning:

Someone will is going to end up dead sooner or later and if you're not careful, it will end up being one of the group

Sincerely yours

y/n xx

RUEL'S POV

2 weeks later

We all handed in the notes that day, nothing came out of it. I mean, the police said that they would keep us updated but nothing has happened in the past to weeks. No more clues, no more updates about the notes, where she is or even about her parent's trial. I had been in and out of the studio mostly, the rest of the group had been at school like usual. It was finally Mia's 17th birthday, she had been sending reminders to us by the group chat every. single. day. We sat down on the floor in her living room, just our group. Considering the last train of events from her last party, her parents didn't want any more big parties until everything was sorted out. Most of them were drunk except me, I was lots of people's ride home tonight.

M: 'So then the orange was named after the colour!'

E: 'No! Fruits would've been named way before colours'

A: 'I',m pretty sure that m, colour existed before fruit Elliot!'

M: 'That's exactly what I'm saying!'

I roll my eye and laugh with Tilly as e turn our heads at a knock on the door.

R: 'I'll get it'

E: 'Good, it's your house after all'

M: 'This is my house'

E: 'That's what I meant'

I put my drink down and walk down the hallway and I see flashing red and blue lights

R: 'Shit, guys. Police. Might wanna get rid of the drinks' I yell as I hear them scramble to hide the drinks in the cupboard below the sink.

I open the door to see Carl and two other police officers.

C: 'Hi Ruel, 'Is Mia around? Or her parents?

M: 'My parents aren't home Carl, they're out of town for the weekend but this to do with this the letters?'

PO: 'Um, no but we have some news and update'

R: 'Alright...'

PO: 'We've found a body...And we believe it may be y/n'