Chapter 7

Do you want to go through with the reverse Faith?

That single comment was the only thing that was running through my mind. Sure, we knew there would be consequences prior to going through with the provisional decision we had made, but we had no idea the severity of the consequences. As soon as Alexander had finished his sentence, I instantaneously froze up, the blood draining from my face as a result of both shock and fear. I'd quickly given up on the idea of trying to respond as my mouth was simply opening and closing without any words being spoken. Whatever way you decided to look at the consequences, one option wasn't even marginally better than the other.

I was broken out of my frozen state by Naomi waving her hand in front of my face in order to try and bring me back to reality. I shook my head to bring myself back to reality and cleared my throat.

"Are you okay Faith? I know this is a lot to take in," Alexander spoke in a kind and comforting voice. I offered him a small smile in return before turning my attention to Naomi, one of the main people whose life my decision would massively impact upon.

"Faith, I know the consequences are-" She began, only for me to interrupt her as I placed a reassuring hand on her arm.

"Don't worry about it Naomi, I know that I am pretty much the only thing that is standing between you and your sister reuniting and I would never want to stand in the way of something like that, ever. So, Alexander, if it's alright with you, could I have a day to consider the options and come back with a decision for you tomorrow?" I asked as I turned away from Naomi to face the man in front of us. He smiled at my comment before replying.

"Of course you can my dear, it would be completely unfair of myself to push you for a decision so soon when this will affect you and Rosie greatly if it doesn't go to plan. Oh and call me Alex," He replied. I smiled gratefully at him and left the room with Naomi following behind me.

Once the door shut behind us, closing the office and Alex off from us once again, Naomi turned me to face her in order to finish what she was going to say in the office. However, before she could even get a word out, a set of strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist and turned me quickly before I was thrown over their shoulder. A scream escaped my mouth at the scare they had given me as I used my fists to pound them on the back, demanding that they put me back down on the floor.

"Sorry Naoms but I'm stealing Faith away for a bit!" The, all too familiar, voice of Devon called as he began heading off, away from Naomi.

When he had distanced us far enough away from Naomi and the central hubbub of the resistance system, he gently placed me back on my feet, only for me to huff and brush my clothes in order to straighten them out once again. He chuckled at my reaction, before a look of worry and anxiousness took over his facial features, causing me to immediately worry myself.

"Dev, what is it?" I asked, trying out a nickname for him, as I placed a hand on his shoulder in a reassuring action. His eyes shifted up from his hands, which he had been wringing nervously, and met my gaze as he swallowed.

"Don't go through with the reverse Fay," He stated, in an almost pleading manner. How on earth did he know about the consequences of the reverse?

"How did-" I began but he swiftly cut me off.

"Word travels fast around here," He responded simply enough, "but I'm pleased it does, because I have a sneaking suspicion that you weren't planning to inform me of the severity of the consequences until it was too late. Were you?"

Now it was my turn to look sheepish, because he knew me too well. That, had in fact, been my plan to prevent him from worrying himself sick over my health and well being,when he'd only known me for a relatively short period of time.