Chapter 19: Ugly Truth

"The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don't wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope."

-Barack Obama

==Chapter Start==

Sans, Shift, and Stretch got closer and closer before summoning their respected weapons.

Soon, they stopped, staying in place before they decided it was about time they started letting loose a bit.

As they did that, Shift's eyes opened, turning into a crimson red along with a black mass covering her face, her hate, and determination combining as the power was terrifying, more corrupted than that of a devil, yet seemed so controlled.

Stretch activated his orange eye, showing tints of Bravery, his expression turning into a dark one before the ground started to rumble more violently, his cigarette starting to burn profusely as his smile widened a bit.

It only got worse as Sans did the same, though he seemed oddly...calm. Everything seemed so calm around him before his whole body started turning into a dark shade of blue, his clothes, skin, and even his hair and teeth doing the same.

Ever so carefully, he opened his eyes, the sclera like that of a black void as neon yellow eyes showed themselves. The ground shook under the amount of power that could be felt as the sky crackled and turned black, the flashes of thunder hitting the barrier, going through yet not breaking it.

Sans chuckled, looking at Kokabiel before smiling. The magic was getting more violent, making a yellow aura around him, though a second, pink one was also made. They danced around him like an aura made of flames, the ground starting to crumble from the magical energy he was making alone.

Sans: 'Hey readers, remember about the thing I was planning to reveal at the party when I wanted to? Heh, decided now was better.'

The thunder crackled louder, getting bigger, crashing against the barrier as it was starting to crack it, Sona and her peerage trying their absolute best to keep it up despite the multitude of magic auras that were inside.

Sans looked at him dead in the eyes. He clutched his fists, feeling the traits of Justice and Integrity course through his body, even some bit of Fear through the pink as Sans could utilize it, even if a little, thanks to having just the slightest bit of Bravery thanks to Papyrus.

By inversing the magic flow it had, and sacrificing most of the justice trait to even utilize fear, he had done this. By what means...he'd rather not talk about it.

Sans was angry. He was angry at the three enemies that they were stuck fighting right now, angry at the sins he could feel from all three disgusting souls. He was going to destroy them until their soul shattered and their bodies were nothing but ash.

Sans: "Tell me, Kokabiel, do you believe even the worst person could change? That they can be better if they just try?"

He stepped forward, the floor around them starting to tear apart as he started to vibrate, his aura starting to take a more human shape around him, almost as if a double made of yellow and pink were mimicking his actions to the very atom.

Sans: "That anyone could be a better person, if they just tried? I would say, maybe it's even possible for you, but you've done some pretty bad things, huh?"

He stopped in front of Shift and Papyrus before he brought his hands up and clutched them, feeling overwhelming power gather up in his hands before giving a calm smile, though there was no hint or inch of positive emotion in them.