Chapter 1

"Are you meeting him tonight?", my co-worker, Reina asks me. I look at her with a shy smile as I keep looking through the papers.

"I don't think he's going to make it, though", I say sadly before sighing and then taking my phone out of my pocket. "He's busy lately, I'd understand if he doesn't make it", I say as I see that there are no new messages from my boyfriend.

"He loves you, don't you ever forget that", Reina says as she looks at the pout I made.

"Of course, I know that", I shrug her off as we laugh.

My boyfriend, with whom I live and been with for five years now, is a detective in the main police station. We know each other ever since we were kids and I practically had feelings for him since high school. We started dating on our last year of school, he went to study to be a cop and I trained myself to follow my late father's steps.

"Lou, the President is requesting your presence", says Lenore, my other co-worker, her head peeking into the employees resting room we were in.

I quickly leave what is on my hands and rush to pass my hand over my outfit, trying to smooth any wrinkles it could have. I straighten my posture and fix my hair before heading out to the VIP meeting room. As far as I knew, today was the investors board meeting.

There was a huge ruckus this morning in the news when it was announced that one of the brands from the company, I am working for was found to have toxic chemicals. Whenever these things happen, an emergency meeting is summoned and usually I just must be on the room next door, but if the President is calling us, there must be something going on.

As I enter the room where there is a lot of elder people, most of them investors from almost twenty years ago or more. I quickly rush to the President's side as he looks at nowhere in particular with disgust.

"No one's allowed to enter this room, understood?", his stern voice said as I nodded politely. My job as the head secretary was to be the one showing the face in most situations like this.

"Yes, Sir", I simply said and then ran back to the entrance of the meeting room. "Queenie, Lenore, we have to shield this place, nobody gets in, okay?", I instructed them as I called two of the security guards that were in the perimeter to come and back me up. I had the feeling something big was about to come, because I have not seen a person inside that room that I knew very well that had a big influence in this company.

I felt how the pain in the upper part of my abdomen started pressing on me, appearing once again when I needed having strength instead of stress. But my gut was telling me that something bigger than just a simple issue that PR had to fix was about to happen.

"Black Team has arrived", I heard by the walkie-talkie of one of the security guards and I wanted to curse out loud so bad. I could even see Reina's worried expression as she heard that.

But I kept a straight face, waiting for the Black Team to arrive.

And when I heard the elevator's characteristic ding in the hallway, I made sure to be standing straight with a subtle smile in my face.

Then I saw them coming to us.

Black International or Black Team International is one of the most powerful investment companies in America, hell, I am afraid to say they are important globally. They buy stocks from companies and then proceed to find their weaknesses, buy the remaining stocks from the other frightened investors, and then sell the company to someone else at exorbitant prices.

All companies were afraid of them, but they could not resist to have their money in their company. They make magic under the table, they bring results in, they do the dirty work nobody else wants to do... that is why they are successful.