Chapter 4

When I arrived back home, I was surprised to find Georgie waiting for me at the entrance of the neighborhood. He was standing there; I could see the worry plastered over his face. I smiled looking at him. My gorgeous fiancée. The only reason I must smile now.

"Georgie?", I asked, getting closer to him. He snapped out of his thoughts as he wrapped me in his arms, with no hesitation. This felt nice. I smelt the faint cologne he was wearing, and I knew that he just came out of the shower, he must be on his way to his morning shift today.

"Tyler told me you had a bad day at work and that you were at the hospital today", Georgie said, pulling me out of the hug and looking at me in the eye. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, lying. I didn't want him to worry. In the end, I was treating everything related to Mr. Jackson as non-existent. As it should be.

Georgie tapped my nose with his index, several times, making me laugh. I swear this guy has so many special tics, one of them being this. He'd usually cry whenever someone got hurt. He'd say, 'why am I crying, if you're the one that got hurt?'. Also, his childish antics that never failed to make me smile.

"I know I might look like an adult, but also, being an adult means that you have to accept many things that are hard to accept. I'd rather be a child and ignore those things, it makes me happier", he'd say whenever he faced something tough at work. As a detective, he had to have a hard rock stomach to handle a lot of things. He'd seen a lot of violence, but the only thing that makes him hold on... is that he saves lives and that he manages to find peace for the victim.

George is a wonderful person. And I'm happy that he's mine and that I'm his.

He treated me like a queen days after that one. He'd cook for me, carefully, so I wouldn't eat something that might upset my stomach. He truly is one in a million.

We scheduled a day together to go to the company's main factory. My future father-in-law was one of the main managers. We would be visiting him since we didn't have the chance to spend so much time with him, with all that was going on with the toxic chemical scandal.

"You go first, I'll finish something at the station, okay?", he said to me over the phone as I was making my way there in an uber.

"Alright, take your time... don't worry", I said with a smile on my face. One of the few real smiles I had. "Say hi for me to Jane and Gordy", I told him.

"Noted", he said and then I hung up.

I made my way into the factory as I greeted all the people I've known ever since I was a small child. Mr. Miller, the security guard (that was also Tyler's dad) looked at me with the biggest smile he had.

"Ms. Ronan! Oh, is such a pleasure to see you", he laughed, making me feel so happy at the sight of him.

"Mr. Miller, I'm not the Vice President's daughter anymore, please, call me Louisa", I asked him, pleadingly as he nodded, energetically.

"Sure, Louisa...", Mr. Miller said, and I knew he wasn't getting used to it any closer.

"Anyways, Mr. Miller, I'm here to see Mr. Collins...", I said as he snapped his finger.

"Ah! Yes, he's not his usual spot lately...", he said, guiding me to where one of the main rooms were. It was the mixing room. I frowned, maybe Mr. Collins had to supervise here since he was one of the seniors in the area. Ever since Mr. Washington was on the run, my future father-in-law had more work than ever.

Mr. Miller greeted me goodbye, nicely.

"Louisa?", Mr. Collins asked, with a big grin on his face as he saw me.