Chapter 10

After running behind Mr. Jackson, the whole day, we finally came back to the company just an hour before I can go home. I could notice he really tried to be nice to me, but he was rather scary the more he tried. He would get flustered whenever I wouldn't get his act of kindness at the first shot and he'd burst out and yell me whatever he tried to do.

"You like coffee, don't you?", he had asked me, as we were heading to the Sony Corporation of America Headquarters in Los Angeles. I looked up from my iPad and tilted my head at him, he cleared his throat.

"Yes, I do", I nonchalantly said, looking back at my tasks for the day in my device.

"What kind of coffee do you like?"

"I don't know, it depends of my mood", I shrugged.

I heard him huff but I didn't dare to look up to him. I heard his fingers tapping the leather seat, letting me know he was losing his patience.

"Is there any particular brand you prefer?", he pressed, with gritted teeth.

"Not really..."

"For God's sake woman, I want to treat you some coffee, what is so fucking hard to understand?!", Mr. Jackson shouted, making me and Daniel (who was driving), jump in our seats, scared. When he noticed my reaction, he blinked repeatedly and huffed again, this time looking at the window.

Well, at least he tried.

I thought he'd be done after that, but after the Sony meeting went for a long time, lunch time had passed by an hour and I could even hear Daniel's stomach making crazy sounds because he was hungry. I wasn't that hungry because I was used to over-stressing and despite my indigestion being better these days, I didn't feel like eating right now. I'd rather do all the tasks and then relax at home.

"I'm really hungry", Mr. Jackson said as soon as we got into the car, he even pretended to stretch his arms as I looked at him weirdly, but then looked back at my device. "Jameson, is there anything you'd like to eat?"

Daniel looked back from his seat to us with his eyes shining bright in happiness as he opened his mouth to speak. "I haven't had some good—", but he was quickly interrupted by our boss.

"Sure, sure... thanks for the input", Mr. Jackson said and looked back at me. "What do you feel like eating, Louisa?", he asked me, and I could see Daniel rolling his eyes and going back to his task of driving by turning the engine on.

"Um...", I hesitated, I didn't want to make him upset again. "I'd eat what Daniel wants", I said with a weird grin, shrugging again as Mr. Jackson held a curse coming out from his mouth.

"I'd like to treat you guys because you are great employees, I want to buy you some good food", Mr. Jackson said with gritted teeth, looking intensely at me rather than caring what Daniel wanted.

"Daniel, what do you want to eat?", I asked him politely.

"In the name of the Lord...", Mr. Jackson mumbled as I hurried Daniel to speak as I tapped his shoulder.

"I don't want nothing, let the boss pick", he said, visibly upset, like a child. It frustrated me as I sighed and looked back at Mr. Jackson.

"I'm not hungry, so you choose, Mr. Jackson", I said with gritted teeth.

"Whatever!", he shouted again, this time I expected that reaction as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Let's just go to the next fucking meeting"

I swear I'd seen Daniel's eyes flashing deep regret.

I was growing tired of my boss and his mood swings but fortunately, he kept quiet the whole way back to the next task. And sometimes it seemed that he wanted to say something, but often held back, fearing rejection. I felt kind of bad for him in the end. I bit my lip thinking maybe I'd should've considered Daniel's wishes rather than giving Mr. Jackson the cold shoulder. But I didn't trust him, and I knew I couldn't either, I had to do anything in order to survive.