Chapter 2

"Where did you say it was?", I asked Georgie over the phone. "I can't find the place and Google Maps is being a pain in the butt"

George chuckled over the line. "You'll find it soon", he said and hung up on me.

"Did he just--?", I asked out loud, looking at my phone as if it was crazy.

Then as I raised my eyes to look for the place he told me to go I saw two familiar faces and my world lit up. "Hey!", I said happily at the sight of my boyfriend's two co-workers, Jane and Gordon. They took me by the arms as they started dragging me to a place. "Um... okay?", I said, feeling excited and confused.

As we entered a dark place, where only a spotlight was in sight. They made me stand under the spotlight. "Um... guys?", I asked, looking around, feeling more confused than ever.

"Ms. Ronan, you're under arrest", Jane suddenly said, making my eyes widen and then squint, this has to be a joke... orchestrated by Georgie. I giggled. "For stealing George Collins' heart", she said, making me blush... how cheesy.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before we ask you any questions...", Gordon was saying until I saw Tyler appear from out of nowhere, taking a step closer to us.

"I appoint myself as Ms. Ronan's lawyer, but after looking at all the evidence incriminating her, I know for sure that she's guilty so I quit", he said and I could hear how fun this was to him. I looked back at Jane.

"What are you guys up to--?", but suddenly, lights blinded me and I had to look behind me to find that there was a stage where my boyfriend Georgie was standing in front of a microphone.

It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

I hear him sing as he points at me, I just realized there's a whole band behind him playing the song as then I heard people chanting behind me. I gasped when I saw all of our friends from work and school. I looked back at Georgie.

Don't say no no no no no
Just say yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
And we'll go go go go go
If you're ready, like I'm ready

He sang and danced like a pro, I looked proudly at him and I realized how much I loved him. People were singing along with him as he danced and moved from left to right, not even stopping for a second, only looking at me. Trying to catch my attention, he's been doing that ever since we were kids.

Just say I do
Tell me right now baby
Tell me right now baby, baby
Just say I do
Tell me right now baby
Tell me right now baby, baby

He came downstage just to grab my hand and pinch my cheek as he kept singing, I felt like bursting in tears of pure joy.

It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you

"Marry me?", Georgie asked, almost out of breath, looking at my teary eyes with a expecting expression on his face. Gordon gave him a bouquet of my favorite flowers, which he offered me.

"Yes!!", I yelled, jumping up to hug him.

"She said yes!", he also yelled, raising his arm to celebrate as our friends started hollering and cheering at us.

Then he simply took my hand and gave the microphone to Jane and started running. I had a hard time running behind him, but eventually, we started running at the same pace. I couldn't stop laughing in joy, I loved Georgie so much. He had a child in him that would never die, he always made me feel good.