Chapter 16

As I was waiting in my living room for Michael, I looked over my phone, waiting for my friends to understand that I was taking a 'time-out by myself' this holiday and was spending it on my own. Jane wasn't pleased with it, Gordy, Lenore and Reina managed to create a group chat named after me to try to knock some sense in me and trying to convince me to spend it with them.

They said they'd be throwing a party for me, but that only made me angry.

I've been sensitive about it ever since Tyler mentioned that he would buy a house for me. I can manage on my own, you know? I know that Georgie was a great help to me, but I have my own savings and the marriage savings. Those were more than enough for me to live without working for a while – but I did have a stable job, you know? And I earn more than what I used to earn when working at Jackson Enterprises.

I sighed, ignoring Tyler's call for the fifth time. He was getting intense because he was worried for me. I had just sent them text saying that I was going down to Mexico for the holidays and they flipped out.

Well, I wasn't telling them that I was going to spend it with my boss. They'd murder me!

I don't care, though. Because I really found Michael to be reliable and good to me. He was a good friend. Even though my mind was yelling me that he wasn't just a friend to me. He was a bit more than that.

But I try to shake off those feelings, because, duh! He's my boss, he's only being nice to me because he almost ruined my life multiple times and he feels like he owes me!

The knocking at my door made me come back to reality. "Coming!", I shouted, taking my suitcase with me and opening the door. A tall man was looking down to me. "Oh—", I said, slightly disappointed because I thought it was Michael.

"I'm here to pick up a certain Ms. Louisa Ronan", he said, and his voice was even with his scary aura, but he didn't seem to be... mean. "My name is Bill Bray, Mr. Jackson's internal affairs manager and part-time slave, nice to meet you"

I chuckled at his choice of words. "Nice to meet you too, Mr. Bray... you might call me Louisa", I extended my hand to shake is.

"Likewise, Louisa, call me Bill", he smiled and then gestured to take my suitcase. "We'll pick up Mr. Jackson on our way", he told me, and I nodded and followed him like a little child before locking my door. "He's been reminding me to pick you up at least three times a day now", he said, and I had a feeling that they were close.

"He's a child when something's stuck on his mind", I reckoned and made him laugh.

"It seems that you know him well", he said, opening the door for me to enter.

Bill and I made small talk before arriving to Michael's house, that was just a bit far away from mine. I felt nostalgia at the sight of the house of my dreams. Once, I've dreamt this house being my own... mine and Georgie's. Now, it had an owner that I was getting to know better. Maybe one day I'll be able to get in and get some closure from my wild imagination – of what I wanted it to be.

"Hey!", Michael's cheery voice made me jump on my seat. He was looking at me through the window.

"Hi Michael", I greeted him, scooting over so he could seat next to me.

I was so deep in my thoughts I hadn't realized Bill had helped Michael getting his stuff into the car and then got into the car again.

"You ready to meet the Addams family?", Michael asked me with such humor that I wondered what had him in such good mood. I heard Bill laugh lowly.

"Don't be like that", I hit his arm playfully, he quickly rubbed his arm and I wondered if I hit him that hard. "You're weak"

"I'm not!", he said, showing me his arm. "Hit again, you'll feel my fit arm", he said shoving his bicep to me. I laughed, as he really shoved his arm in my face. "Hit me, hit me!"