Chapter 3

"Louisa! Your phone was off, is everything okay?", I heard Reina's voice as soon as I called her to the office. I sighed, feeling unwell and unrested.

"Yes, I forgot to charge my phone... now I'm calling because I'm not feeling very well and I'm at the hospital", I said, biting my lip. Well, I didn't lie about my whereabouts, right?'

"It's okay, I'll talk to the President, don't worry", she said as I rubbed my eyes, thanking the heavens that I didn't wore makeup or else I'd be a racoon right now.

She filled me up some things that were happening in the office as I was frowning, everything seemed to be three times more stressful than ever. I hanged up and went back to the waiting room, to sit and wait for Mr. Jackson to come out. I was hoping he was okay. I almost fell asleep on the chair as I felt someone tapping my shoulder.

I jumped in my seat as I recognized Mr. Jackson's personal assistant, "Mr. Jackson is waiting for you", he said, looking at me worriedly as I simply nodded and stood up to follow him.

We walked until the VIP section, where he opened the door to me and as I got in, he closed it behind me. I walked in, warily, until Mr. Jackson appeared in front of me. He was buttoning his light blue shirt as he tilted his head to see me. His black hair was messy, and it reached the beginning of his shoulder, but he looked significantly better than last night.

"So, I've heard you were waiting for me, hm?", he asked, a hint of sarcasm and curiosity in his voice as he turned around, reaching for his watch that was on the table, then looking back at me. But before I could even answer, he let out a dry laugh. "I bet you cannot wait until you tell your precious President about what you saw, don't you?", he accused me as I glared at him, offended.

"Excuse me?", I asked, tilting my head at me. "I was just hoping you'd be alright, you fainted on me!", I said, trying to defend myself as he snickered, shaking his head at me.

"You think you can fool me? You're just like your father, Ms. Ronan... you don't know loyalty, or compassion whatsoever", he said, gritting his teeth at me, making me step back. I had the small feeling he had a lot of issues and that he was going to explode on me.

I dismissed what he said. "You called me last night, what did you want?", I said, serious and sharp, making him raise his eyebrows at me.

"Ask me what I want, again", he ordered, his tone sharper than mine, looking at me with fire in his eyes... full of hatred.

"What?", I asked, trying to fight him. I don't even know why, but I wanted to test him. I wanted to mock him, he liked to mock me... so why not mess with him, too?

"I said, ask me what I want... again", he said, taking closer steps to me. He wasn't even that close to me, but I felt his menacing tone was too much and that he wasn't play around.

I blinked. "What do you want?", I asked, not in a submissive way, but in a annoyed tone.

He crossed his arms over his chest, pleased. "Hmm...", he said, as if he was thinking as he stared right into my eyes, I knew he hated me that much. "What can Ms. Ronan do for me?", he said, now his eyes wandering around the room.

I felt my fists clenching at the sides of my body, I was upset, annoyed, beyond irritated. I didn't hate him, but he sure knew how to get under my skin. I wasn't a bad person, but I didn't have to prove him anything. He chose what version of the story to believe in...

"I know you treasure your dear President so much, so I won't be that mean", he said, looking back at me with a tight smile, like mine. "Come with me", he simply said, taking his blazer from a chair and putting on.