Chapter 21

"It's clear what's going on now", Karen said after she hung up on someone.

Tyler was sitting and looking up to her, waiting for news. It has been a little bit more than a month ever since both Michael and Louisa disappeared. But, thanks to Karen; Tyler was relieved to know that as Michael had been hiding in Las Vegas, Louisa apparently was on vacation somewhere out of the country.

"What do you mean?", Tyler asked, his phone on his hand as he was roaming around his contact list. Something felt off.

"Well, I've been told that Michael left Las Vegas and is on his way to the UK", the blonde woman said and sat in front of him. "That means he's no longer on any team, isn't it obvious? He's running away", she shrugged. "And... my favorite underdog is in for the last dance"

Tyler's eyebrows furrowed. "You mean, me?", he asked, in disbelief, pointing at himself.

"Mhm", she said and her smile widened. "President Miller, I'm sure we'll be working well together", she raised her eyebrows.

He had never in his life felt as victorious as that moment. He felt a big weight coming off his shoulders. A smile was plastered on his face, just as he stood up and walked over to the big window in Karen's office at the Black Team International building. How small the world seemed to be now that he had the power he had always longed to have.

On the other hand, Michael had arrived in London and had a bit of a headache when his driver finally came to pick him up and gave him another phone that he could use during his stay in the UK. 

"Would you like me to drive you to a restaurant, sir?", the driver politely asked him but Michael was focused on one thing only.

"Drive me to the location my people sent you", he simply instructed, grabbing a bottle of water and chugging it quickly. 

"Yes sir", the driver simply said and Michael kept looking over the window, he wasn't used to the cold weather he had suddenly gotten into. Noticing how stupid he might be looking with his california-weather-like clothing, he changed his mind.

"Nevermind, first take me somewhere I can get decent clothes from"

Louisa sat in the living room, a steaming cup of tea in her hands as a woman sat in front of her. It had been a bit more than a month ever since she came with the mission to meet this woman.

"I'm sorry darling, it's just that my daughter almost left home without her keys and sometimes I'm not here by the time she's back", the woman said and Louisa noticed how immaculate everything about the woman was. She reminded her so much of him. "You already know her, she's the sweetest thing but she's also very distracted", she laughed softly and Louisa imitated her.

"Mrs. King, shall we pick up from where we left last time?", Louisa asked her politely and the woman nodded. 

"Yes", Mrs. King said and picked up her own cup of tea. "I understand what Bill is trying to do, but I can't go back... not now, not even if Jonathan is dead, just imagine how...", she sighed, shaking her head, defeated.

Louisa left the cup on the coffee table and sat beside Mrs. King, holding her free hand and looking at her with sad eyes. "You're not alone, Mrs. King, your testimony will be enough to solve the crime that had been committed against you and your family... if you go back..."

Mrs. King took her hand from Louisa's grip to wipe her tears.
"If I go back, then what happens to my life here? What happens to my daughter? She knows nothing of this. I had it all planned, it was supposed to be a secret I'd be taking to the grave with me..."

When Louisa was about to speak again, Mrs. King's daughter came back and seemed deeply upset. "Mother, Greg the wanker forgot to tell me that the class had been suspended for today...", the young girl said and looked over at the two women. She sensed something was wrong in the air. "Is everything alright?"