Chapter 25

The air was thick in the room.

Karen was pale in surprise as she was sitting next to the spot where Tyler had been sitting a few minutes ago. The board members were angry and confused, discussing the possibilities, whatever the company would have to face after this.

Holding in her own tears, she knew for a fact that she was defeated now. The power she had longed for, was no longer in her hands. 

And when she heard the double doors open and saw Michael entering, she knew it was over.

"What are you doing here?", one of the board members said in disgust, many of them were angry with him because of his long absence.

"I'm simply escorting our new CEO here, got a problem with that?", Michael replied sassily, out of spite, feeling dead inside but also knowing that at least, the major problem was almost solved. 

A girl resembling Michael had entered the room, she was dressed as if she was mocking all these old men in the room. She had a red suit, black shirt and her perfect long hair was under a matching black bonet. Smiling slyly, she got to seat next to Karen, in the CEO spot.

"Who is she?"

"What is she doing here?"

"Michael, are you out of your mind?"

So many questions in such a short time, Michael kept smiling, standing behind his sister and then giving Karen a glare that made her shake in fear. After knowing him for years, she knew betrayal wasn't something he'd forgive. He wouldn't ever forgive her.

"Gentleman, this is Janet Damita Jo Jackson a.k.a my younger sister and the now major shareholder in Jackson Enterprises... given to her by our mother formerly called Katherine Jackson and now named Esther King and also, by me", he smiled, knowing how this would make them lose their minds.

Major shareholder meant, their power inside the company was less. And that, instantly, made them weak. Something Michael has always wanted... but now, the King wasn't him, but Janet.

They were already standing up, taking their phones just to confirm that it was a fact that Ms. Jackson has become the major shareholder and consequently, the now CEO of Jackson Enterprises.

"My first announcement to you is that all of you will be prosecuted and investigated by the police bureau in the next 48 hours, I don't like corruption or dirty games, gentleman", Janet said as she crossed her legs and put a finger under her chin. "I'd like to start over with a clean slate, I believe in the power of change"

"Lady, I'm sure we can get to an agreement", one of the old men said, coming close to her, with pleading eyes.

"Oh no, my first name ain't lady, It's Janet", she said with an innocent tone of voice and coming closer to the old man and then looking at all of them staring at her, in awe. She seemed to be even worse than Michael, without the bad temper. "Miss Jackson, if you're nasty"

Michael held a chuckle in as he hid his face behind his hand and then looked over at Karen once again. "Faye, let's talk", he said and the blonde woman simply stood up and followed him closely, leaving Janet to handle her new toy.

Louisa was leaving Bill's car as she headed to the Santa Barbara County Police Department. He was following her silently as she looked disheveled, as if her soul came out of her body. Pushing the door of the building, she scanned the room until she found Jane and walked towards her.

Hugging her tightly, Louisa started crying.

"I told you I would find him, I told you", Jane said, feeling drained after all the tears she cried in the morning. Being Georgie's childhood friend and later colleague in work, she knew how broken Louisa was.