Chapter 6

It was the day before the trip. Everything got settled up - Felix's parents allowed him to go (as long as he will text them often and call a few times), Minho got to borrow some crappy car and the rest was really hyped up for the fun weekend. Everything seemed to work out perfectly until Hyunjin's back sent a warning sting down his spine. It wasn't that abnormal - he's used to working out a lot which sometimes causes back pains if he doesn't stretch up properly but this one felt a bit different as it was centered mostly between his shoulder blades. Hyunjin of course brushed it off as some temporary pain and went on with the exciting day although his back let him know about its existence a few times throughout it.

Hyunjin finally got home in the evening and began packing while maintaining a bright smile on his face.

"You're really that excited, huh?" the boy raised his head upon hearing the sweet voice that belonged to his sister - Sohyun. She stood in his doorway, leaning against the frame, smiling softly as well.

"Yeah" Hyunjin stood up and walked to his wardrobe "It's been a long time since I've done something like that! And also there will be a lot of new people there" he took out a mint hoodie and looked at it with approval.

"Aren't you scared then?" Sohyun looked askance at him.

"Naaaah" he quickly answered and looked away at the pile of t-shirts he'd taken out of his shelf and put on the bed.

"Your ego can't let you tell me that you're insecure" she walked inside the room and sat near Hyunjin on his bed "But your eyes sure can" she smiled again, this time with a smirk.

Hyunjin huffed and began shuffling through the t-shirs and picking up some that he thought would suit the trip the most.

"So... The kitty boy that was here a few times is that new friend of yours" Sohyun decided to put the huffy boy's attitude aside and lighten up the conversation. She knew Hyunjin hated having his flaws pointed out to him but she also knew that if she didn't do it from time to time he'd get too caught up in his own selfish mind. She really hoped there'd be someone who'd put Hyunjin's ego aside for him...

"His name's Felix and yes, he is. He introduced me to his friends but only for a brief moment and I don't think they trust me or like me all that much" the boy sighed and stretched his arms in the air, hissing a bit as the weird sting attacked his back once again "I hope it'll be better tomorrow" he sighed again.

"It will surely be. If not tomorrow then later on, people need time" Sohyun looked at her brother softly and stood up carefully "Have fun on your little adventure" she smiled and began walking out of the room.

"Thanks" Hyunjin smiled and began stuffing his things into a big bag. His phone has been vibrating a lot showing his group chat mates had a lot to talk about before the trip.

Country Bois

Chan:
Felix i won't let you use my toothbrush again

Felix:
Oh come on, i'll borrow it it's not like you won't be able to use it

Chan:
It's a TOOTHBRUSH

How can you use someone else's toothbrush and be cool with it????

Felix:
You clearly hadn't had a chance to be on a scout camp

Are you even a real man?!

Changbin:
Can you both shut up? It's been going on for half an hour now, don't you have things to do?

Felix:
No and i will argue as much as i desire

Chan:
Same here