14 Damian

Song for the mood: Sucker by Madeline Kenney. A snippet of the lyrics:

But when it's all said and done
I'll make another
Pour myself a cup of coffee
I'm the sucker

Vera

Half an hour later

"Wow, your place is amazing, Mister Scott!" I nearly choked with astonishment at the opulence of Alistair's home when he guided me into the open-plan living room.

Amazing was an understatement. The playboy's penthouse apartment was a palatial haven reserved for the filthy rich, and Alistair was the epitome of modern-day wealth.

"My friends Robbie and Angie Somersby designed my home. They're the best architects in the city." Alistair toyed with one of my fallen curls as I nodded my head.

"Their boy, Jacob, goes to the same school as my son, Damian. He visits from time to time when Damian's with me, and I think he's a good influence, a church kid, you know."

"I see. They sound like nice people," I said, staring at the high ceiling, bespoke chandeliers, and a spiral staircase that connected the living room to the upstairs floor, where I assumed the bedrooms were.

"It's a pity that Robbie and Angie plan to leave Lester Harbor in a few years. They've just finished a project for me in Dubai."

"Oh?"

"Wait until you see my penthouse apartment there." Alistair clinched my waist in a tight embrace, planting an endearing kiss on my cheek.

"Dubai...wow." I adjusted his collar and allowed the gentle roughness of his unshaven jaw to rub my face.

"Do you have a swimming pool, Alistair?" If he owned a pool, it would have cost an arm and a leg. Or maybe a kidney.

He scoffed. "Sweetheart, I own the top floors of this building. In fact, I'm on the committee for the entire building. Would you like to see my rooftop swimming pool?"

"I don't think I'll stay," I announced, annoyed at how the rich took life for granted. I grew up in an average home featuring mismatched furniture that frayed and faded over the years. He grew up in the spoils of pristine perfection; his upbringing defined who he was.

He had everything he wanted-the best education, a career given to him on a platinum platter, people who pandered to his demands, and beautiful women. On the other hand, I had to work my ass off and appreciated every accomplishment I earned.

My sudden jealousy surprised me-I rarely gave a shit about prominent and wealthy people, but Alistair exposed me to his world, and he affected me emotionally. Things were getting personal.

"Don't go. Please! I need you to stay." Alistair's jungle-green eyes darkened as he tightened his grip on my right wrist and rubbed it in circular motions with his sensual thumb.

"Alistair, I don't know..."

"I need you."

"No, you don't, darling." My words said one thing, but my body betrayed me, allowing him to inhale my hair's fresh, floral fragrance.

"Stay. You're intoxicating." Bending his head, Alistair lowered his passion-glazed eyes as his lips brushed against mine. He deepened the heat, tasting every drop of me, while his erection pressed into my lower belly.

Alistair's natural scent, blended with his spicy cologne, ensnared me, seducing every inch of my body. "I want to fuck you," he whispered. "Take you here right now."

"God, I want your dick," I moaned, caressing the outline of his bulge.

"So, will you stay the night?" Alistair's warm breath blew against the nape of my neck.