21 You bloody bastard!

Song for the mood: Please Don't Touch by Raye. A snippet of the lyrics:

The thing about love
It ain't simple enough
The thing about trust
Is it takes two of us

Alistair

Wednesday, June 8

"You bloody bastard!"

"Come on, Saira. You can do better than that. Not even a hello?" I laughed coldly as I answered the phone.

"You bloody bastard! How can you do this to me? I swear I will find out why you're doing this."

"I'm doing this for Damian, love."

"Love? You never loved me, you rotten, dirty bastard! If you take Damian away from me, I will make your life hell."

"You're not the first person who called me a bastard and threatened to make my life hell. My brother beat you to it. What do you want?"

"I want you to leave me alone. Why did you send the bloody police to hound me?"

"Oh, I wonder why," I replied. "Maybe they suspect that you and the mafia are making dirty money with your illegal drug dealing and unregistered prostitution ring. Oh, those sex parties where the privileged pay to play! I hear you've got quite a smorgasbord of drugs at these events. Hmm, it sounds like you've been very bad."

"Guess what, you mongrel? The police were at my doorstep this morning," Saira fired back. "They didn't have a warrant to search the place, but I was an hour late for a meeting because of all their bullshit questions. Are you satisfied?"

"No. Firstly, I want my son safe. I warned you what I would do after what happened to him at your home. Secondly, there's a young fellow by the name of Julian Richland, a teacher at the university. I believe you're acquainted with him quite well, Saira."

"He's my business."

"He's also my business now. So if you mess with him, you're going to deal with me."

"What do you want, Alistair?"

"It's simple. I want you to leave Julian alone and be a good mother."

"And will you leave me alone? Will you stop sending the police my way? A police record will not look good, and I'm not giving up Damian. He's my son too, and I love him!"

"Will you leave Julian alone?"

"Why? Do you want him too? Does the sight of him stir your cock? I can charge you a fair price, and you'll get your taste of him."

"Cut it out, Saira!"

"I know you have a penchant for handsome men. Remember when we were married? When I caught you and Nick in bed with his harlot? You were lovers—"

"You had many affairs, so what difference does it make? Besides, Nick is dead now."

"Yes, a boating accident in Italy five years ago. What a pity," Saira scoffed.

"Your father's been dead for years, and your brother, Nick, inherited most of his money. You're still bitter about Nick's will. Did you think he would give all his money to you?" I scoffed, then took a bite off an apple on my desk.

I loved Nick's style. Even in death, Saira's brother had the last laugh because his assets were donated to the Scott Charity for Kids in accordance with his will. All Saira had was a family company to run—although, in all fairness, she turned it into a lucrative business quickly.

"I hate you with all my heart," my ex-wife hissed.

"I've heard it before. Saira, I'm going to make one thing clear. Leave Julian alone. Or shall I set the dogs on you and empty your pockets?"