03| Guns For Hands

The word 'clitoris' is Greek for 'divine and goddess like.'

Evelyn's p.o.v

As I made my way through the café, my attention was instantly caught on a small table near the front window. The wooden table was occupied by three guys who looked physically to be in their mid-twenties but something about the dangerous vibe they gave off told me they could easily be older.

As I approached the table with a collection of menus shoved beneath my left arm, a notepad and pen held under the right, I stifled a gasp. They were beautiful. Not the word I would normally use to describe dangerous looking men, but no other word would do them justice as they seemed to glow in an almost otherworldly manner. Glow sticks had nothing on them. I suddenly felt incredibly silly and ungraceful in my skates as I clambered toward them, bambi-on-ice style.

"Good morning and welcome to Koffie Botanique, what drinks can I get you? Will you be needing menus today?" My voice was steady but my hands were anything but as the fake Norwegian twang entered my voice, a safety caution I took when talking to new people. I could escape my past by preventing anyone knowing where I actually came from. Steadying my hands on the table for balance as I passed them some menus to flick through, I couldn't stop thinking: Why couldn't it be Olivia serving?

"I'd like to get a taste of you if that's on the menu?" The man closest to me rose an amused eyebrow at his friend opposite and it felt like I was missing some inside joke, other than the obvious sexual innuendo. I brushed a strand of dark hair behind my ear and waited for him to give an appropriate reply.

"Give it a rest Lewis, not now." The man across from him ordered with a stern look, his voice thick with an accent I couldn't quite place. Lewis looked as though he wasn't quite finished but quickly stopped in his tracks upon hearing his friend's comment.

"Yeah, sorry Luca." He muttered, his voice low and breathy. How strange, it was almost like watching a small child being scolded by their teacher. Only his teacher was a wet dream of a man. Luca's face was all hard lines and high cheekbones, with such a prominent jawline I swear he must've been handcrafted by the NASA engineering team itself because he was quite literally out of this world.

Okay, I needed to focus. Stop staring at the man with piercing blue eyes and imagining what's beneath his t-shirt...

"Sorry, I'm not on the menu schat, but I can get you a coffee?" I was used to getting hit on at work as the tiny, burgundy skirt often attracted unwanted attention from easily excited tourists. The brunette man who I now knew as Luca then glanced up at me, his eyes boring into mine with a strange intensity that eventually caused me to look away. I wasn't sure what was going on but it was making me beyond uncomfortable. Luca then shook his head lightly before rubbing his eyes and glancing to his companion opposite, who looked equally as perplexed by the whole situation.

"No sugar and a splash of milk please, love." Lewis looked confused that I had managed to break the eye contact with his friend, my face currently buried in the white pages of my notepad as I scribbled down his order. I'm sure that Luca doesn't usually get turned down with eyes and a face like that.

"Do I know you from somewhere? Have we met before?" Luca then asked me as I looked up again to take his order. My eyes dropped to meet his steady gaze and I froze at his questions. I must know him from somewhere because the way he looked not at me but into me, had me grounded to the spot like an anchor finding a sunken seabed.