12| Sweet Tooth

Men who help with housework also tend to have more sex

Evelyn's p.o.v

My bladder contracted painfully, an unfortunately familiar ache that had developed gradually over the last few hours. However, it wasn't the only ache I was experiencing and I found myself clutching onto my pounding head in what could easily be passed as a hangover, but I had a worrying feeling it was something much worse than that. I'd had many a hangover before, drinking far more than I had last night, and yet it was never like this. The unfamiliar room spun as I tried to sit up.

Light was just beginning to creep over the horizon and spill into the cabin room, the wooden slats above the window slowly becoming illuminated and the cobwebs among them exposed. A cleaner would have a field day with this room.

Once the need to empty my bladder had become too much to ignore, I softly padded over to the bathroom while taking extra care not to wake Luca from his bed just across from mine. I couldn't help gripping onto the room's fixtures as I made my way to the toilet, not trusting my unsteady equilibrium and spinning head. Luca's broad back was facing me, and from this position he shared alarming resemblance to a marbled Greek statue. Silent, sculptured and scarily still.

The bathroom was now light enough that the overhead bulb was unnecessary and as I made my way to the toilet, I prayed not to stand on one of the many cockroaches while barefoot. Reaching the toilet, I swayed ever so slightly before crouching down beside the basin, my head perched above the rim just in case I felt the need to throw up. This wasn't normal, something was wrong.

Luckily, I managed to leave the bathroom without conducting a cockroach massacre and when I re-entered the main room Luca was still fast asleep. Thank God for that because if there was something seriously wrong with me, at least I'd have the chance to sneak away and find help. But first I needed to get dressed.

I eyed the entrance door slowly, it would be so easy to just run now but I knew that Luca would be up in a matter of seconds if I tried to escape. Despite him being relatively friendly so far, apart from the whole kidnapping part of course, I really didn't want to test how far I could push my luck before he snapped.

I tightened the loose shirt around my torso before tiptoeing past his bed, cursing myself for choosing the one furthest from the bathroom. The bed was just in reach when a deep voice froze me to the spot.

"Heading somewhere?" His voice was amused and I tried to keep a short leash on my sharp tongue.

"If I was planning on running away don't you think I would've gotten changed first?" I spun to face his bed only to find him sat up and shirtless atop the mattress with an amused smile. The sight of his bare chest, corded with tight muscle and partially covered with intricate tattoos, awakened something I would rather stay asleep.

"I don't know, but you'd certainly attract attention if you escaped wearing nothing but that little shirt." His eyes were now drifting up my body and it only added to the unwanted feeling in my gut. I told myself it was nothing and dismissed his comment.

"It's not very practical." I began to look for my clothes, knowing that I had left them in a small pile somewhere at the end of the bed.

"I don't know, I think it could be very practical." Now there was no missing the sexual edge to his tone and I could feel my cheeks heating under his watchful gaze. However, his comment didn't scare me. I somehow knew that he wouldn't try anything with me; it was deeper than just a gut feeling. It was almost as though I could read his mind.

I was still searching for my clothes with my back to him when I replied, "So now we get to the real reason you kidnapped me, it was for my body."

I wasn't expecting his response so when he suddenly shot up and reappeared before me in a matter of seconds, his hands gripping my shoulders and forcing me back into the far wall, it took me by surprise. He had crossed the room with unnatural speed, his body a mere blur and his strength impressive when pressed up against me.