14| Murder On The Dancefloor

People who are into kinkier sex are normally more psychologically healthier than those preferring vanilla.

Evelyn's p.o.v

We got straight into the club without even having to wait a second in the queue. Luca used compulsion of the mind to get us instantly past the red rope, making the bouncer let us skip the entire queue. We even got VIP passes from one of the security guards, to the outrage of the people who had been patiently waiting for almost an hour to get inside. I guess there were benefits to this lifestyle and I knew Alicia would be a big fan of the queue skipping trick when I returned to Amsterdam during my week off.

"Woah, how did you do that!" I spun to face him once we slipped through the doors and entered a large, dark room filled with sweaty, dancing bodies and flashing lights. The nightclub was much smaller than the normal venues I frequented with Alicia, but for a small town on the outskirts of the city, it was very much adequate.

"It's pretty easy once you get the hand of it, I promise. I'll give you some lessons." Luca winked down at me before pushing his way through the crowd swarming the bar and ordering us both desperados, along with a small, clear packet. The man behind the bar was discreet with the purchase and I instantly knew what it was. So it would seem that Luca was upholding the end of his bargain all the way. Although, I was unsure whether drugs would even have any effect now that I was technically dead.

I wanted to ask more questions about the mind control and how it worked. Could every survivor do it? Could Jax and Lewis control it? However, before I got the chance to ask anything, Luca passed me a cold bottle and led me away from the teeming bar in search of a quieter corner.

"This is your night, so what do you want to do next?" He tipped the bottle up to his lips and took a long drag, his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed a gulp of the cold liquid. His eyes scanned the dancefloor as he spoke, assessing the whole room with the skill of a learned predator.

I stood on my tiptoes, leaning in close to his ear so that he could hear me over the loud music, my bottom lip brushing against the shell of his ear. "Plan on sharing your little purchase back there?"

He shook his head, pulling the bottle away from his lips and watching me carefully. I knew he'd just bought ecstasy from the barman. Instead of passing me any goods or even showing any intention of doing so, he slid his ever cold fingers through mine and led me away from the quiet corner we'd inhabited for the last few minutes. Halfway to the dance floor, he shot a dark look over his shoulder. His voice was eerily seductive. "All in good time, Evelyn. Patience is a virtue."

We pushed through the throng of people inhabiting the large expanse of room dedicated to getting lost in the music, hundreds of people squashed up against each other and looking for nothing more than a good time. Luca dropped my hand once we reached the centre of the floor and turned his face to the side, instantly catching the eye of a blonde woman adorned in a hot pink minidress. He unsubtly flirted with her from where we stood and as she was quickly closing the distance between them, Luca the single subject of her interest. I could hardly blame her.

They danced suggestively together to the song tinted eyes and I tried to look anywhere else. There was a cute guy just behind me, trying to gain my attention but I couldn't seem to keep my eyes off Luca and the way he was flirting with the blonde woman. In any other situation, the guy's warm amber eyes and easy smile would draw me in, but right now all I could focus on were a pair of icy blues.

I couldn't help but imagine myself in her place, my body trapped between Luca's strong hands as he pressed himself against me from behind and softly kissed up my neck. Her body was moving in time with the song and Luca's hands explored the curves of her waist as she moved. I dragged my eyes away, not wanting to watch them kiss but unable to help myself.