17| Service Station Satisfaction

During 30 minutes of active sex, the average person burns approximately 200 calories.

Evelyn's p.o.v

I felt the car rumble to an abrupt stop, jerking me awake from sleep and interrupting my rather arousing dream about Cole Sprouce. Damn it, just as the dream was starting to get interesting as well...

I couldn't remember much after waking up alone in a hotel room, the stark memory of the night before having been enough to distract me as Luca instructed me to get in the truck. I must have slept all morning and now the bright midday sun blared in through the windows with blinding ferocity.

"Where are we?" I asked with a groan, stretching out my aching muscles after being cramped in the back of the truck for such a long period of time. My newfound speed and strength came with one major downside: aching muscles.

"Service station." He didn't elaborate any more on his vague response and I furrowed my brows in confusion. I rubbed the remaining sleep from my eyes before sitting up properly to face him.

"Why are we at a service station?" I questioned.

"I'm thirsty."

I had the distinct feeling he didn't mean for coffee or a pressed juice.

"Okay."

Luca led the way as we strolled up to the small service station just off the freeway. It's only facilities consisted of a compact store selling basic necessities, a small Starbucks, a collection of half empty vending machines selling overpriced snacks, a lacklustre fast food counter and a set of toilets that looked as though they hadn't been cleaned since the fifties. Bacteria was hosting daily raves inside the cubicles and I could only hope I wasn't on the guest list. The place looked practically abandoned and I could only guess that this was the exact reason Luca had chosen to stop here, less people to hide from.

The main area was deserted except for one older man, sat at a small, circular table behind two vending machines. He was wearing a casual uniform and looked to be a lorry driver, slightly overweight and puffing away on a cigarette despite the many signs littered around that enforced a strict policy against indoor smoking.

Luca noticed my peaked attention and rose a questioning brow at me. "Breakfast?"

I turned up my nose, the idea of consuming calorific chocolate bars for breakfast being rather unpalatable. "I don't like eating from vending machines."

He lightly gripped my chin, turning my head just so slightly so that my eyes were set upon the man. Oh.

"Better?"

I glanced around at the many empty tables, the only people I could see in the whole station seemed to be a handful of lanky teenagers behind a fast food counter, a small girl working behind the Starbucks till and a woman who looked to be well into her sixties mooching through the crisp aisle. If she didn't chose the salt and vinegar flavour, I'd be disappointed on behalf of all people with decent tastebuds. All in all, it would be safe to feed here, but there would surely be cameras everywhere?

"Cameras?" I asked, although I'd already taken multiple steps forward and had no intention of giving up now. Luca had awoken the part of me that overpowered any reasonable rationale.

"I'll deal with that, you enjoy." He waved me forward with a wink, "O negative, my personal favourite."

I would argue if he didn't have that dangerous gleam in his eyes that made it perfectly clear he'd tear someone limb to limb if I even so much as tried. Besides, who was I kidding? I wanted blood. I carefully took a deep breath before sauntering over to the man, perching myself on the seat opposite and sending him a flirtatious smile.