Chapter 1: Again

Kagome POV

"Brrr...! It's really cold out here!"

It was a cold winter night and snowing outside. Inuyasha and I were building a snowman. I never thought the snow could look prettier than it did back at the shrine, but I guess in the feudal era, the trees made it better. I could see the snow resting on top of the trees and shimmering, with help from the moonlight and stars. I looked closer at the moon...it seems like it's almost gone, which means...Inuyasha will be in his human form tomorrow night. Man, he will be cranky, that's for sure.

"Hey! Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled at me. He was carrying two sticks for his hands, they were twisty and seemed dead.

"Can these be arms...or something?" He continued yelling.

I waved back "Sure!"

Our snowman was complete! He had two rocks for eyes, a carrot for his nose, the two sticks as arms that Inuyasha found, and a cute little scarf around his neck. We both went back inside Lady Kaede's hut to warm up after being out for so long. It looked like Miroku and Sango were back home from a job together. Now that I think about it, I miss going on jobs with Inuyasha and the others, I also missed my friends, Sota, Mom, and Grandpa back in modern time. It has been three years since I came to the feudal era after I finished school. I wonder if I will ever see them again?

Inuyasha stood up from the floor with a disturbed expression,

"No, there's no way that scent is still lurking around." he said quietly.

Sadly it wasn't quiet enough, it woke poor Shippo up. What scent was he talking about?

Miroku chimed in,

"I sense the presence as well..."

Sango nodded her head along with Kaede. I concentrated harder and felt weird too. I swear I recognize this feeling, but from where?

"Naraku?!" My heart stopped beating and froze like ice. Inuyasha stuck his nose out the door and sniffed a little more and his eyes widened. He looked back at me with the his panicked eyes0. His eyes were empty and cold, while his hand clenched into a fist.

"Miroku, let's go." He spoke up.

"How can you be sure it's him?" Sango interrupted.

"Do you really think I would forget that damn bastard's scent?"

Sango and the rest of us fell silent.

I felt like grabbing Inuyasha to hug him but...

"We should go then." Miroku stated.

"You girls stay here and watch the kids and Lady Kaede." Inuyasha said softly.

I rebelled,

"Inuyasha we are strong enough to help! So let us h-"

Sango interrupted once again by grabbing my shoulder.

The boys left swiftly running out the door.

Now Sango stopped me,

"Inuyasha was already upset to begin with, but we should follow them anyway." I told her.

Sango nodded,

"I know, but do you really want them to worry? It really could be Naraku..."

I still doubt it was him. I grabbed my bow and a set of arrows, looking at Sango.

"We have to and I know you want to help Miroku."

She looked at me for a minute and looked at Kirara and smirked, "Yea...Shippo stay here."

Shippo smiled, 
"Right! I'll be the man of the house!" 

I smiled and jumped on Kirara's back with Sango.

Inuyasha POV

"The feeling is getting stronger Inuyasha.!" Miroku yelled.

"Yea...the scent is stronger too," I said.

A man spoke up,

"Well...if it ain't mutt-face!"

I turned around with my eyebrows narrowed,"Koga?!" I was disgusted by Koga and I've always been...obviously.

Miroku laughed to himself, still running with me and now with Koga.

"Why the hell are you here scrawny wolf?!" I asked in fury.

Koga looked ahead,"Sorry do I need an invitation to follow a scent mutt?!" Koga asked sarcastically.

Miroku shouted,"Stop it! There is no time for bickering, look up!"

Everyone looked up and saw a purple miasma in form. They all felt sick to their stomachs, somehow Kagome and Sango caught up to us.

Kagome POV

"Why the hell are you all here?!" Inuyasha asked, furious.

"Look! We are here now, so why does it matter? Just let us help and stop acting like we're helpless!" I yelled at him.

I had enough of Inuyasha right now, I'm not helpless! He rolled his eyes with a slight blush. I know he wanted to fight back, but it wasn't the time. Sango held up her Hirakotsu, I held up my bow, and Inuyasha held up Tetsaiga. It was who we feared...