第17章:終着?ただの友達ですよ!

CHAPTER 17: Obsession? We're just friends!

Erika stepped into Kise's house and looked around in amazement. 'You're living nicely,' she commented.

Kise exhaled sharply as he sat on the leathered sofa. 'So? Why are you here?'

The girl had wavy brown hair that reached her shoulders, fringe covering her forehead and an irresistibly cute smile. She noticed Kise being cold so she sat down adjacent to Kise.

'Not even a drink to offer?' she asked.

'No.'

She sighed then smiled. 'Acting all high and mighty, Kise Ryouta?'

'I'm not,' Kise frowned then stood. 'Look, if you don't have anything to say, get out.'

'Sit down!' said Erika harshly.

Kise sat down as instructed but the frown on his face remained.

She rolled her eyes. 'Director Nakamura offered you an acting position, didn't he?'

'How did you know?' he queried back.

'Your current manager can't manage you if you take up this offer, right?'

Kise glared at her. 'That's not decided yet.'

'Director said so,' Erika shrugged. 'Said he knows how her life goes so he knows she can't possibly drop her studies and job just to pamper you.'

Kise was confused. What she was spouting didn't make any sense to him.

'I am a substitute for the female lead, and if I do stay as a sub, I'm to be your manager.'

'Stop,' Kise raised a hand. 'It's my decision to choose my manager. Why are you butting in?'

'You don't have a choice, do you? It'd be too late to find a new manager at this time so Director offered me the position.'

'I do have a choice. Nobody can dictate me like this,' Kise muttered ferociously.

Erika winced. She didn't like it whenever Kise's eyes glow with irritation. 'But you know it's wise to choose me. I know your antics and your likes and dislikes. I've been with you for some time back then so I'm the perfect match.'

Kise smirked. 'You think so highly of yourself.'

Erika sighed. 'Whatever you say, Kise-kun. In the end, I know you'll pick me.'

Kise shook his head. 'You don't know me,' he tilted his head, as if challenging her.

Erika averted her gaze away then tried to change the topic. 'Anyway, do you have any idea who the female lead is?' she asked.

The blonde shrugged. 'No idea.'

'Weird,' Erika murmured to herself. 'Director is the type to boast his choices.'

Kise stood. 'I'll call you a taxi, it's getting late.'

'Thanks,' Erika smiled. 'I like this side of you.'

'Shut up.'

-

Sorano cleared her throat and smiled. 'I'm all better.'

Kiyoko leaned against the doorframe and chuckled. 'I'm glad.'

'Thank you so much for taking care of Kise while I was sick!' Sorano grinned at her friend.