Prologue

It had been a year since she was taken by the X-Force, and now she wanted to reunite with them.

Being with the boys wasn't the same as being with her team, the Elites. As much as she loved to execute missions with them, she couldn't help but miss the feeling of cooking with Jaemin, watching Chenle create new inventions, fist-fighting with Jisung, weapon training with Jeno, attempting to talk to Haechan, being guided by Renjun, and most importantly, having Mark by her side.

She had grown quite attached towards them despite meeting them for a short time.

It had been a while since she last saw either of them. They had been long gone, fighting and exposing criminals for their illegal doings. They continued to work independently, as they wouldn't like to draw attention to how they achieve their objectives.

With the use of the tracker watch Mark had given her, the last time she checked, their location was in China, and they had remained in the foreign country for quite some time.

Now, it was already midnight, but Koeun was still wide awake in her dark room. She was sitting on her swivel chair, typing away on her keyboard while her gaze fixed itself on the computer screen. The screen's emitted light shone her stern face, her eyes blinking every now and then.

It was late but she still had documents to work on. After all, she and her team had been retrieving information about Taeyong, whom they hadn't spotted for a year now.

Finally feeling exhausted, Koeun paused her work and arched her back, letting it crack since she already felt the pain of slouching in front of the computer for hours. She then spun her head, rubbing her nape, but upon doing so, she heard her phone ding.

Humming in confusion, she removed her hand from her nape and reached for the phone from beside the computer. She brought it close enough to check the message that was sent from the person she had been wanting to see again.

We're coming home, it read.

Unknowingly, a wide, excited smile crept to Koeun's lips as she stared at the message as if it was the greatest news she had ever received.

~*~*~*~*~

*Plays 007 Theme*

ILLEGAL ° nct dream, wayv + srg

She is back as an agent. He is still not accepted by the public. Together, they find themselves dealing with more danger.

"This is why you shouldn't have meddled with our business."

Sequel of ILLICIT