Chapter Seventeen: Stealing the Spotlight

Dedicated to:
unloyal_grasszen -lmaokpop
jaewaffle

~*~*~*~*~

The atmosphere had gone silent in the loge box as Mark continued to let his fingers brush against Yeri's back, while the girl stayed still on her seat, feeling a tingling sensation running through her nerves everytime his fingers moved.

It was nothing sensual yet it felt nice on Yeri's part. His cold fingertips clashed with her warmth that caused her to shiver. However, from Mark's perspective, it felt like he had forgotten what he was supposed to do. He had let himself get absorbed by the moment he was having with the girl.

It was peaceful at the moment. He wished it had always been like this.

"Minhyung?" Yeri breathed out, fluttering her eyes close. She admitted, she missed his gentle touch. It had been two years since he treated her this way, and she never realized she had longed for him for that long.

Mark unknowingly hummed to this, letting her continue.

Yeri felt his fingertips move up, causing her to breathe out. After this, she found herself speaking. "You still have a chance."

"A chance... for what?" He was still studying her back— how the burnt area ruined her once flawless skin. Her dress was backless so he could see all of it clearly.

"A chance to back out."

Hearing this made Mark snap from his daze as he lightly shook his head. "What?" He got too caught up in the moment that he almost forgot why he was here in the first place.

"I'm giving you one last chance to back out from this mission." He heard her say. "I don't want you to get killed."

"...one last chance to back out..."

This caused Mark to retract his hand as he returned to reality, ending their small peaceful moment. By the time his fingertips lost contact with her skin, he only got to realize what he had done.

What am I doing?

He even wondered why he let himself do that.

I can't let myself get distracted.

Yeri felt his touch leaving her, his coldness being taken away with it. This caused her eyes to shot open. "Minhyung?"

Mark was here for a reason. And that reason was to finish the case he had been working on since he was still in the agency. No more, no less.

"No." Was his short yet firm answer.

~*~*~*~*~

"That's him. That's Qian Kun."

Koeun felt a small gush of wind blowing the side of her face as Chenle zoomed past her to head towards the man. Her eyes widened at this sudden action. Shit!

"Chenle!" Koeun yelled his name before chasing after him. Her voice was too loud but she didn't bother if she was causing a scene.