Chapter Sixteen: The Dragon's Ring

Dedicated to:
pickmeupmomrn renjuniverse_
koeunmimi icouldcarelessss

~*~*~*~*~

"I knew you'd be here." Yeri said as she sent a sly smile towards Mark.

At this moment, Mark didn't know what to do or how to react. A few minutes ago, he was only minding his own— minding the task at hand. He only got to avert his focus because he happened to come across the loge box.

Yes, it was his objective to find either of the targets but this was not how he imagined it would go.

Seeing that he had gone silent, Yeri moved her feet forward, causing her fingertips to brush against the knob before she left it alone completely. Each of her heels clacked against the smooth, cold floor of the loge box.

As she slowly approached him, Mark got to notice how she looked. Yeri was wearing a gold sequin dress that reached the floor. Starting from the torso part down to her bottom, the fabric had clung to her body like a second skin, while the rest flowed freely. She matched it with gold open-toe heels that had ankle straps on them. Her grayish-brown hair had gone wavy and was parted to the side, causing her long feather earrings to be shown.

Mark wouldn't be bothered by it at all... if it wasn't for the dress's deep V neckline with thin straps and skirt slit.

"Did my presence cut off your tongue?" Yeri had asked, noticing he hadn't said anything so far.

He was too captivated by her looks.

Since he was still tongue-tied, Yeri's eyes slightly widened at this before she let out a small laugh. "My eyes are up here, Minhyung." She pointed at her eyes using her two fingers.

Hearing this, Mark moved his gaze up and made eye contact, not getting bothered by what he just did. "What are you doing here?" His eyes had gone serious again.

"Really, Minhyung?" Yeri stopped when she reached one of the box seats. "You were an agent. I believe you already know why."

Mark observed how she let her hand touch the back of the chair. Her eyes followed her fingertips as it traced the designs carved in it.

"And I should be the one asking you that." Then she locked eyes with him again, and in this time, the amusement in it had been gone.

It was filled with disappointment.

"Why are you here? Haven't I warned you before about this?"

This made Mark's lips slightly curl. "You were an agent too, Yerim. You can tell why I'm here."

Yeri's eyes made a squint at his mockery before finding it amusing, grinning at it. Mark always had his way with words.

Instead of commenting on it, she proceeded to talk. "I didn't really expect you to go all this way. I thought we would only run into the Elites later."

Yeri and the others had already made a guess about the agents attending the auction party tonight but the thought of the X-Force also coming for them at the same time never crossed their minds.

So, she was already expecting the Elites, Mark thought.

"I guess you're the same Mark I used to know." Mark's ears perked up to this. "Determined to get the job done."

Mark's lips showed a full smirk. "You know my ways." And then he began to walk back inside the loge box.

~*~*~*~*~