Chapter Six: Haunted by the Past

Dedicated to:
autumnbeautyy loverenjun

~*~*~*~*~

"Can you hurry the fuck up?" Renjun complained in Chinese towards their driver, Chenle.

Rewinding for a bit, Haechan had already informed the rest of the X-Force about Koeun's task when Mark drove the girl back to her apartment, and when he returned, they hurriedly did everything they could about this situation.

Their first stop was at the Elites' department. Although there was still a slight misunderstanding between them and the workers— with them earning weapons aiming at their way as soon as they arrived— it was eventually settled when the chief came down to meet them.

Or most likely, to meet his ex-agent friend.

After Chief Moon reminded everyone that they were their allies, Mark proceeded to convince him that sending Koeun's team, along with a few officers, to escort Jaehyun was close to a suicide mission. It didn't take a while to change his mind, as he knew Mark had been more experienced dealing with anything related to Jaehyun and his schemes.

"And we both know what Taeyong is capable of."

Mark meant Taeyong used to be their colleague who had shown his skills during his special agent days.

With Mark's enough convincing, Chief Moon had ordered another wave of backups to the boys' content. And now, they were off to catch up with Koeun's unit.

Hearing Renjun's harsh choice of words made Chenle look back at him, glaring. "I am trying!" He spoke in the same language.

"You clearly aren't! Do you want to get there too late?"

"You keep complaining! You drive then!"

"Shut it!" Haechan decided to intervene while the others prepared themselves. "This argument isn't helping us at all!" It wasn't only the fact that they were conversing in their main language without the rest having a clue about it, but also the fact that their yells were only adding to the rising tension.

This made the two boys clamp their mouths, feeling as tense as the others do.

On the other hand, Mark wasn't bothered by it and finished reloading his pistol. "Renjun, how long do we have until we get there?"

The hacker looked up to him, pushing his glasses up from the bridge of his nose while blinking. "Well," He glanced at his laptop screen. "we have around... twenty-seven meters."

As soon as he said so, they could finally hear the faint gunshots outside. "Get ready, boys." With a hand pressed against the roof, Mark moved closer to the doors. He eyed them one by one, seeing how Jaemin gripped unto his gun tightly, how Jeno rolled his sleeves up, how Jisung stretched his neck side to side, how Renjun gazed back with determination, and how Haechan slid his gun's frame back. "You know what to do."

They were thirsty for a fight and in need to quench their thirst.

Feeling the car stop, Chenle gave them a signal by throwing two fingers ahead. Mark saw this through the rearview mirror, unlocking the doors. "Let's move!"

And with that, they jumped out of the car, one by one.

"Move, move, move!" Mark commanded the boys as they scattered out.

Jaemin and Jeno went to the west while Mark and Haechan to the east. Renjun and Jisung, who aimed north, were later joined by Chenle as soon as he got out of the driver's seat. They began shooting at everyone they spotted who was not on their side.