Chapter Ten: The Unexpected Meal

Dedicated to:
DONGHYUQUE MIILKJAEM

~*~*~*~*~

If Koeun's unit was already on with the investigation, another unit was also carrying out their own task at hand.

Deep inside the cold, gloomy hallways of the building, three pairs of feet could be seen walking along with it in a calm and composed manner. It was awfully quiet that the sounds of their footsteps that lightly bounced on the walls were the only thing that could be heard.

Yangyang and his companions were already making their way towards Jaehyun.

Earlier, the unit already had informed the prison authorities that they would be needing Jaehyun for interrogation. They easily got their permission and only needed to meet him in the interrogation room. Throughout the ride, none of them dared to initiate a talk so it seemed clear for everyone they only meant business.

Since Yangyang got to lead the unit, he was walking a little ahead of them, making Hina stay back with Jaemin. She didn't like the awkward atmosphere between the three of them but who would be? The person she fought before was beside her now and she couldn't act normal to that.

"Are we close?" To their surprise, Jaemin spoke up after some time.

The partners turned their heads in his way, taken aback. With Yangyang recovering quickly, he was the one who answered him. "Yeah, you can say that. We only need to round a corner here."

"Good to know." Was Jaemin's reply, smiling in amusement.

Seeing his unusual reaction made Hina squint her eyes at him. Jaemin had both his hands inside his jean pockets and was walking with boldness, finding this whole mission entertaining. What's with him?

Luckily for Hina, Jaemin didn't catch her look and proceeded to ask Yangyang. "You said Jaehyun wasn't spilling anything, right?"

"Yes."

"Throughout the year?"

Yangyang could sense his disbelief with a hint of mockery. "Look," He turned his head back once again. "we tried everything, alright? The man wasn't scared enough to squeak. We couldn't get any information from him."

They finally reached the corner and turned, with Hina growing concerned about the rising tension. She knew it got Yangyang annoyed and was still trying not to burst out.

"Easy there." Jaemin raised his palms up to surrender, lightly chuckling. "I didn't mean anything bad. No need to snap on me like that."

"I didn't." Was Yangyang's short answer.

To Hina's relief, they were already nearing the door of the interrogation room so she decided to interrupt their talk before things could get worse. "Stop it, you two. We didn't come here so you could bicker like kids. Focus on the mission."

The two boys only threw a glance at her before giving each other a final look, dropping the topic off. They knew this wouldn't help them one bit. It would only make matters worse.

Finally, they arrived by the door and Yangyang didn't waste another second to grab the knob. On the other hand, Jaemin exhaled a sigh of satisfaction, feeling the excitement flowing inside of him. "This seems fun."

Hina, once again, threw a confused look at the boy but as soon as Yangyang opened the door, her attention diverted to what was inside. The grayish-blue room was small enough to occupy a few people. A long two-way mirror was installed at one side and there was only one source of light that was hanging from the gray ceiling. In the middle of the room, a steel table and steel chairs were set; one of them was already occupied by a man.