Chapter Eight: Re-establishing Connections

Dedicated to:
koryamanent

~*~*~*~*~

"The man in the photos is Nakamoto Yuta." Jeno revealed. Although he tried to talk as professional as possible, the hatred he had been trying to hide in the depths of his heart for years was trying to resurface.

Never did he knew he'd be able to feel this way again.

With Jeno starting to talk about this man, Koeun could only squint her eyes at this. She could feel the bitterness in his words, which she found unusual. Knowing Jeno, he would most likely be blunt about discussing their enemies.

If she was correct about her hunch, then this must be why Jeno was chosen to talk about him in the first place.

"Yuta was the masked man Xiaojun and Hendery encountered yesterday. I know this because I witnessed their fight."

This made the rest of the Elites throw curious glances at the two boys. Xiaojun noticed Lucas' look of validation and gave him a nod, confirming what Jeno had said.

While the Elites settled with the confirmation, Jeno continued. "This man, Yuta, has brown curly hair, dark eyes, and a square chin. Around 5'9" tall. A Japanese citizen residing in Korea for quite some time." Renjun move to the next slide. "He can speak Korean fluently. He also has been familiar with the country and knows various sites and locations, especially anything illegal."

"Why is that?" Xiaojun blurted out in between Jeno's explanation.

Before Renjun could swipe to the next slide, Jeno's cold eyes made contact with Xiaojun's. "He's a professional assassin."

An assassin? Koeun somewhat recalled Jeno mentioning about it before. Could it be?

The silence from the opposite group signaled him to continue. "Specializing in combat and weaponry, Yuta has been involved with the shady community due to his job. From mobs, gangs, and corrupt politicians, he would accept their task for a good amount of money. People would give him a name, he'd kill them, they would pay him, and repeat. In short, he lives for this job."

Yangyang couldn't fight the urge to raise his hand so he did. Noticing it, Jeno gave him permission to speak. "How did he get involved with Taeyong?"

"I believe we don't have a solid answer for that." Was his answer. "But knowing Taeyong's role in their consortium, having a skilled assassin around would increase their chance of protecting their other associates. The more manpower, the better."

Jeno had reached the end of his talk and now it was time to move unto the next one. He was about to return to his seat when he got interrupted. "How did you know all these?"

It was Xiaojun who asked, curious about the specific yet useful information. They had spent months gathering information about Taeyong and this group was already done for someone they just knew.

Stopping, Jeno seemed unfazed about the question. He couldn't blame him for being intrigued so he became frank. "He was my mentor."

Hearing his answer, the Elites couldn't contain their shock. Throughout the year, they had been trying to find more information about them individually, and now, they finally made progress with a controversial discovery. The news, however, didn't surprise Koeun as it should've since it was already her expectation.

His master... Jeno's words were starting to come back to her.

"He was an assassin– a professional one. He could kill people in a way that many would think it was neither an accident or a suicide."