Chapter One: Special Agent Koeun

Dedicated to:
MARYHOESEOK

~*~*~*~*~

The moment Koeun woke up after a long, tiring night of doing work, the same eager smile made its way back to her face.

She spent the first hour of the morning getting prepared for work, but unlike before, she did it differently. After receiving the message last midnight, her mood changed to a cheery one, and it still gave her the same energy at this time of the day.

She couldn't help it. She waited a long time for this, and it was finally going to happen sometime this week.

On her way to her destination, as soon as Koeun took a step inside the first floor, the workers acknowledged her presence, greeting her a good morning. She gladly responded back, not letting them get intimidated about her since she had been promoted for a higher position.

She was one of the special agents now.

As she made her way up to the meeting room, people did the same as she passed by them. The 21-year-old girl was already used to it, as this had been going on for around a year now, and she was grateful for the X-Force for putting her in this situation.

Finally, Koeun made it to the floor where the meeting room was located— the same room where the previous chief, Jaehyun, first discussed the X-Force to their team. Ironically, they were using it now to discuss his and Taeyong's schemes.

Approaching the room, with her boots clacking against the floor and her ponytail bobbing about, she already saw Lucas, her partner and the leader of their team, outside by the door. He was leaning against the wall, his hands stuffed inside the pockets of his pants.

Although he made a mistake at shooting her instead of their "enemy" before, Koeun didn't take it seriously. She knew he was just doing his job, and this had strengthened their partnership.

Noticing her figure walking closer, Lucas pushed himself away from the wall, smiling widely at her. "Good morning, Special Agent Koeun."

"Good morning, Lucas." She responded with the same tone while quirking one of her eyebrows, stopping in front of him.

Noticing her blooming self, Lucas gave a comment about it. "You look lively today. Care to share what happened?" He already had one hand on the doorknob, about to twist it.

"Just received some good news." She hummed.

Seeing her happy made him feel the same. "That's nice to hear. You'd be hearing more of it during the meeting." Lucas then turned the knob and swung the door open for her. "After you." He gestured for her to step in.

Koeun looked at his way, glad to see him with the same energy. "How kind of you, sir." With a smirk, she entered the room, with Lucas following her.

And the door closed behind them, letting them get a slice of their time to discuss their current mission.

As soon as the door closed, Koeun made her way towards her respective seat, seeing everyone, aside from her and Lucas, was already on theirs. It seemed like they had arrived earlier than she did, not that she came too late though.

Hendery, their hacker, was by the front, typing away on his laptop and, setting it up along with the projector for the presentation later. His eyes remained glued on the laptop, although he kept throwing glances at the projector screen to check if the device was working.

Previously, Hendery had revealed he tried to stop the other members of the X-Force to drive away from the incident last year, and since Renjun managed to defeat him, he pushed himself to train more, both in combat and hacking. He had improved but was still unsure if he was better than him now.

ILLEGAL ° nct dream, wayv + srgजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें