Chapter Two: Koeun and the X-Force

Dedicated to:
thedelicateswan

~*~*~*~*~

"It's been a while, Special Agent Koeun." Sitting on the bike while setting his helmet aside, Mark sent a closed smile at the girl's way, realizing how long it took to see her once again.

On Koeun's perspective, the girl was surely glad to see one of the people she had been longing to be with again. She couldn't bear going around and working with only a few text messages and hints left by Mark to keep her updated. Also, it had been a while since the tracker watch made that loud beep she had been wanting to hear again.

But now, it didn't matter anymore, since he got to show himself in front of her very eyes. She couldn't wish for more.

The two got too immersed at staring at one another- most likely because Koeun was still in the state of surprise- that they almost forgot what to do. Her chocolate eyes were gleaming in joy, her lips were in a wide smile as she slowly began finding it hard to breathe, as well as to calm her accelerating heartbeat.

It was only when she realized what was happening to her that got her pulled back to her senses. "Mark..." She blinked her eyes twice to disregard her weird state and walked towards his way. "You're... back."

Mark sensed how his sudden appearance made her speechless and chuckled. "I am."

Koeun finally stopped when she was close to him, in high spirits. Sensing how awkward she spoke, she let out a small, rueful laugh. "I'm sorry. I didn't really know what to say. I was... surprised."

"You didn't receive my message last midnight?" He slightly leaned back to adjust himself on the bike.

"I did." She quickly said. "It's just that I didn't know you'd be arriving today." The same smile appeared on her face.

The girl still couldn't believe it. She was starting to doubt if this was a dream.

"We wanted to surprise you, that's why." But Mark kept talking, and that was enough to keep her doubt away.

"We?"

"Yes, the boys and I." Mark gave her a nod. "They were eager to see you that they sent me to look for you. It wasn't that hard to find a special agent like you."

This caused Koeun to lean to the side, placing her weight on her leg, and crossed her arms. Her eyebrows quirked at him, amused. "How'd you know that, ex-agent Mark Lee?"

Hearing her same tone made him glance away for a moment and smiled more in amusement. Looking back at her, he replied. "I'm the current leader of the X-Force, Koeun. I have my ways."

She didn't know why but the way he said it made her heart skip a beat.

"Anyway, the boys couldn't wait to see you so shall we leave?" He handed her the spare helmet she didn't notice before.

"We shall." She gladly took it.

Mark looked forward and wore his while Koeun sat behind him, wearing hers and locking it in place. Once he made sure everything was set, he ignited the engine and sped off from the prison.

All throughout the ride, Koeun was struggling to find peace of mind as she tried to keep some space between them while also trying not to fall off the bike. The wind was blowing harshly, making it more difficult for her. Mark, however, noticed her hesitation. Since he knew she wouldn't hear him in this situation, he acted upon it- his one hand reaching for hers before he let it wrap around his waist.