Frat Party

Unedited

My eyes started to cross as I stared at the ceiling. Working with Leah was tiring, I didn't get home to almost midnight, and true to her words Novah waited up. "So how did like La Casa Adrian." She asks from her bed. Adrian...is that the name of her brother. For some reason the name caused me to have a sudden chill, I pulled the cover more over me.

"That place is mind blowing! Does everyone here live in a castle?" She did hint that most of the students are rich.

Laughter came from her side. "No, Noah maybe, but not as big." Why is it whenever it involves Leah Noah name comes up? "Did you meet him?"

Her voice pitched, making me turn on my side to study her. "Who?"

"The rich twin."

I shook my head, "He wasn't there." Her features relaxed, making me wonder. Is it a good thing I didn't meet him? "Why?"

She sighed, "You've met Leah, that dominating aura that surrounds her? I'm sure you've felt that too." Nice to know I wasn't the only one that felt that. "After awhile you get used to it, but her brother is ten times worst." I shuddered just thinking of that. When I first met Leah I could barely stand in front of her without wanting to bow down, I wouldn't survive in front of her brother. "The difference though is Leah doesn't do it on purpose, it's just the way they were raised. But Adrian, he's cold and dominant, he wants people to fear him and bow down to him."

Chills went through me, and I was at his house today! So unaware. "I take it you've met him?"

She nodded,"Only once, and I never want to meet him again." She paused, then launched into the story. "Leah and I went to study there, he was going down the steps while we were coming up. He acknowledged Leah but completely ignored my presence. Even then I still feared him, he was handsome no doubt, but there was a coldness to his looks. I swear there was a chill when he walked pass me. I wanted to drop to my knees and beg for forgiveness, though I hadn't done anything."

"Maybe he's like Leah and you just have to get used to him." I don't know why I was defending someone I never met. But if he's Leah twin can he really be that bad?"

Settling back in her bed she flipped her lamp off. "Only a fool would stay around him long enough to find out."

--
All morning I couldn't stop thinking about what Novah said. Adrian sounded intimidating and maybe even a bit scary. But that was just her side of the story, maybe I should ask Leah about him. But then she might get the wrong idea.

I sighed, dropping a hard fry back to my tray. Why am I even thinking about him? I didn't even know him. Is it because I don't know him that I'm so curious about him?

"What are you thinking about so hard?" Leah asks, waving a hand in front of my face. We were the only two at the table, both of our classes ended early.

Now was the only time I could end this curiosity eating at me. "You and Adrian are twins right? Why doesn't he go to school here?"

Her expression went blank, she leaned back from the table, away from me. "He has more important things to tend to." She focused on something behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see Noah coming towards us. If I wanted my answers now I had to be quick. "What could be more important than getting a degree?"

Her eyes settled once again on me, and I shrunk back from the coldness within them. "Everything."

"Hey," He sat gracefully next to her, then he noted how she was glaring at me. "What's going on?" There was no doubt in my mind that if Noah thought I physically did something to her, he'd attack me. I still didn't understand their relationship.

She stared at me for another minute, then turned to him. "Nothing, Hailey was just curious about Adrian." He instantly stiffened at his name.

"Curiosity killed the cat." I wanted to ask what he meant by that, but Ethan and Novah chose that moment to join us. Leah smiled, her mood switching like a light bulb.

She flopped down next to me, grinning wildly. "The first frat party has been announced! It's happening tonight, the alphas are hosting it."

"A party on a Wednesday?" I heard about the club going up on a Tuesday, but nobody said anything about the party going up on a Wednesday. I laughed silently at my inside joke.

"Honestly I'm surprised it didn't happen Monday, the alphas don't usually wait this long." says Ethan.

Novah squealed. "They throw the best parties! Everyone comes, even people from other schools."

"Other schools? I thought there wasn't another one for miles?" Novah froze, making me frown. Did I miss something?

"This is the only public school for miles around, the rest are private. You wouldn't be able to enroll in them." Says Leah, a little snarl on her lips that I wasn't sure was meant for me or the private schools.

"You can come to our dorm room after class and we'll all get ready together." Novah clapped her hands in excitement. "It's so nice to have another girlfriend!"

Ethan chuckled. "Maybe I'll stop by and help you girls get dressed." Noah glared at him. "Sorry, not you Leah." She rolled her eyes. Later when we're along I'll ask Novah what's going on between those two. I think asking about Adrian has put me on Leah's bad side.

Finishing up my burger I stood to leave. "See you guys later." They nodded as I walked away, Noah watching me with an analyzing look on his face. I tried not to show how affected I was.

--
"Finally decided to join us after all huh?" I looked up from pink polish I was applying to my toes.

Leah lowered herself to Novah's bed, looking exhausted. "I had to stop home first."

Novah stood in front of her, hand on her hip. "I know for a fact your class ended three hours ago, you're telling me you've been home since then?"

Her eyes narrowed. "That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Bullshit!" I laughed at her out burst. Novah could be intimidating when she wants to, but right now she just looked like a disappointed mother.

Finishing up on my big toe I decided to rescue Leah. "The party doesn't start for another hour, we got nothing but time." The party actually started at eight but we decided we'll be fashionably late. It was nine now so we'll get there at ten.

She sighed, walking over to the dress she was planning to wear tonight. It was a knee length mini dress covered in clear rhinestones. Any way she turned the dress sparkled, it was beautiful.  I on the other hand went for something much simpler. Dark jean shorts and a red halter top. The pink toes are for the rest of the week. "What are you wearing?"

I looked up again as Leah started pulling things out of her bag. Just like Novah she decided to go with a mini dress. Only hers was a dark grey with a plunging neck line. She was going to break necks in that dress. "My mom bought it for me before classes started."

"Not to sound conceited or anything, but I have a feeling we're going to be the baddest ones there." Says Novah, flipping her hair. I grinned, though I was silently disagreeing with her. Sure her and Leah will definitely turn heads, but I don't think I'll have that same effect. Especially with my outfit from the 90s Era.

"Disgnated driver?" Leah asked. I raised my hand, I wasn't planning to drink that much. It was still Wednesday after all. "You're an angel, cause I plan to forget my name tonight!" We both laughed at her words. "In fact," She starts digging around in her purse, pulling out three mini bottles of vodka. "I brought us some shots, for good luck of course."

Novah bounced over, grabbing two from her and tossing me one. I caught it with a grimace. "Cheers to a good night!" The three of us downed our shots at the same time. I cringed at the bitter taste of it. "Whoooo!" I shook my head at her, I had a feeling I was in for an eventful night.