3

coras pov

"wow really is that good?" i asked.

"i don't know i think so. you know i think topper and i might actually last. i know i have a history with people, but i really like him."

"i'm glad your love life is good." i laughed putting on shorts and a t shirt since i'd be in the hospital for a few hours.

"how's yours? still non-existent?" she asked.

"what no its— yeah. i mean i haven't even kissed anyone yet and i'm 16." i said.

"yeah but you could and that's all that matters." she said as we walked downstairs.

"why do we both have commitment issues?" i asked and we laughed. she walked through the door and saw topper talking to wheezie.

they went to the roof together and i left going to the hospital. mrs. rose their step mom so i guess my step aunt took me to the doctors. the surgery lasted about an hour then after a bit i went home.

i was very high on pain killers and had a strip across my nose. my black eyes got even worse as i walked to the kitchen making food.

sarah got home pretty late that night after having to sneak out. she came in my room and asked if i was awake. i sat up and turned the lamp on and we talked.

she told me how her and topper had finally done the dead and she said it felt so good. i was grossed out beyond words. i was i guess innocent you could kind of say.

i didn't drink, i didn't smoke, i didn't kiss or anything. i did have fun. i just like to think you can have fun being sober and not need a man by your side although i wanted one.

i woke up the next morning and took some skinny pop out on the dock looking out at the water. i had noticed john b and uncle ward were talking then he was walking towards me.

i figured we got along pretty well and were on good terms now since the party. and since the boat incident and secret

"hey johnathon how are you?" i asked teasing him. he came up and knocked the popcorn and almost the paper i was holding out of my hand.

"what the hell?" i asked grabbing my hat that was about to fly off.

"you know some people need jobs to live off of and aren't just rich daddies girls like you." he said turning and leaving.

well i guess i was wrong about him. that sucks because i thought he might actually be different. apparently not. he judged me saying i'm a daddies girl and i'm so far from it.

  he turned around and walked back up to me looking down and gettin in my face. i got scared and backed up but he moved closer.

"you're exactly who i thought you were cora cameron." he said pointing a finger in my face.

"i—" i tried to start but he flipped me off and walked away cussing at me under his breath.

i was very confused as to what i did and scared. i don't like when people get really aggressive around me which is why i tried to stop topper the other night.

i'm so useless. just like my father always says. i ruin everything no matter what i do. i went and told sarah and she was as confused as me. she even thought he had a crush on me by the way he was looking, but no i guess the exact opposite.

i guess everyone in the house could tell how upset i was and decided to surprise me.

"come her cora dad got you a present." wheezie said as i got out of bed and went in the kitchen.

"since i heard you got your license a few months ago i decided you couldn't stay here all summer and not have a car." ward said.

"wait are you serious?" i asked him smiling.

"very." he said tossing me keys. i ran outside excitedly and sarah was standing there with a cupcake.

"surprise!!" she yelled and handed me the cupcake. i shrieked and hugged ward thanking him then sarah, wheezie, and i jumped in the car.

it was a mercedes e class and it was so nice. it had black and red leather seats with dark tinted windows and it was matte black.

we all went to the store and i decided to pick up a few things. first popcorn. a bag for me a bag for jonathan. i need to pay him a a little visit and found out why he hated me.