13

coras pov

i slept awful that night. ward would never hurt a fly why did john b have to hurt him? it makes no since. i heard talking coming from downstairs and sarah and i decided to check it out.

we walked down stairs and what i saw shocked me.
"dad?" i asked scared. he never came here in the summer this was my safe place.

"come here give your man a hug." he said smiling scaring me even more.

i just stood there and sarah grabbed my hand. he walked towards me and hugged me i didn't hug back.
"we're going to be rich." he smiled.

"what do you mean?" i said confused.

"y'all are coming on a ride with me to georgia on our plane. we have some stuff to drop off." ward said smiling.

they both had evil looks on their faces and i'd never seen ward like this.
"no thanks we're going to hang out with topper and them." sarah said and i agreed.
"yeah."

my dad grabbed my wrist and squeezed it really gard hurting me.
"no you aren't cora. you're coming with me. we need to talk." he said dragging me into the office.

he shut the door and slapped me and i grabbed my face. he's fucking mental.
"what the-"

"now you listen here brat. you're coming back to georgia and leaving that stupid boy behind. we got what we need from him." he said evilly.

"what are you talking about?"

"we finally found it. we got the gold. i'm driving and you're flying with ward to make sure it all safely gets brought home and then you're staying with me."

"no you're physco." i said trying to leave but he pushed me on the floor and kicked my stomach.

"i'm not physco you stupid bitch i'm rich."

oh god john b was right about them. i didn't believe him i didn't want to. ward was always so sweet and caring about everyone it must've all been a lie.

he kicked me one more time before telling me to get ready to leave. i was crying as i packed my stuff and i told sarah everything. she offered to come, but i told her to go tell john b and tell him i loved him and how sorry i was.

ward and i got on the plane and i sighed looking at him. he was better than this. he wasn't like my father or i hoped he wasn't.

"ward why are you doing this?"

"i didn't do anything i took what belongs to me."

"it doesn't belong to you and you know it." we argued as the plane started to take off.

"you know john b and his dad found that money and you just took it from them." i said as we continued yelling at each other then i noticed something.

john b pulled up in front of the plane and stopped right in front of it getting out of his car. thank god. i thought i'd never see him agin.

"stop the plane!" i yelled as ward gave in and stopped it.

i ran out of the cockpit and ran to john b hugging him. just then a cop car pulled up. ward got out smiling like a maniac and i kissed john.

"i'm so sorry i didn't believe you." i whispered to him and he kissed me.

"i love you too." he said smiling.

"i love you so much." i said and an officer got out of her car.

"hello officer what seems to be the problem?"

"you're under arrest for the murder of john b-" she said as she started to handcuff him when she was suddenly shot.

john b ran over to her putting his bandana around where she was shot to try and stop the blood. ward started yelling because rafe who came out of no where shot him.

i stood there paralyzed with fear before snapping out of it and running over to the cop to try and help her. ward made us step away from them while rafe almost shot john b.

"run." i said to him and he took off into the woods.

"oh my god rafe what did you do? stay with me. help will be here soon." i said as i grabbed her radio.

"get away from her or i'll shoot you." rafe said and i continued to try and help her.

he shot, but missed me the bullet grazing my arm. i groaned in agony and stood up moving away holding my arm. ward went and called for backup. other cops showed up and paramedics wrapped my arm.

"what happened?" they asked me cleaning my wound.

"r-"

"it was john b. he came here trying to rob us then shot her and tried to shoot my niece." ward said and i looked at him shocked.

"no that's not wh-"

"she's had a long day. we better get her back home. y'all need to find that boy." ward said dragging me to the car and forcing me in it.

i screamed and tried to stop, but it didn't work. they turned the child lock on so i couldn't get out and rafe took us home.

"you're such a piece of shit i hope you rot in hell for what you did. you shot and killed an innocent women then tried to kill me." i said crying.

when we got home they forced me up to my room locking the door so i couldn't get out. i banged on the door asking for someone to let me out, but it didn't work.

i laid on the floor by the door crying.